EM 말씀

Philippians 3: 12-21, Aesthetics of Forgetting and Running

관리자 0 2,429 2019.08.13 05:29
Philippians 3: 12-21, Aesthetics of Forgetting and Running

12-21
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
15 All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.
16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.
17 Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you.
18 For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.
19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.
20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,
21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

First, forget the painful past (Jesus' cross).
 Verse 13, “Forget only the things that are behind you.”

Joseph's son's name, Manasseh, means he forgot his painful past and is not subject to it. He could forgive all his brothers who sold him (human trafficking).

3:7,8, “I consider everything a loss, I consider them rubbish.”The decision to give up is important.

<Orlando Magic's Secret of Success>, by Ward Kimbell.

Second, Run toward the signpost (Jesus Christ) now.

12, 14, “Only I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.run to catch that which was taken by Christ Jesus. ”
 "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

1) Run to be the person the Lord wants. Verse 12.

* Walt Disney's Anecdote

2) Run for the Lord's prize. 13, 14

* Handel's Messiah was published.

Third, Wait for the future completion of eternal life (the Second Coming of Jesus) (20-21).

Verse 20, “Wait for eternal salvation in heaven.”
Verse 21, “Wait to be transformed into a body of glory.”
1 John 3: 2,

* The story of home run king Babe Ruth.

* Handel's Messiah composed.

* Professor Lee, Ji Sun, <I Love Ji Sun-Story of Lee Ji Sun, the Flower of Hope and Courage>  Every tunnel has its bright end!

Dear saints, can you stand before the Lord in a glorious way? Forget the painful past, run toward the present signpost (Jesus Christ). Welcome the day to complete future eternal life.  Amen!

Comments