EM 말씀

Luke 19: 1-10, Seek the lost

관리자 0 2,550 2019.08.05 14:13
Luke 19: 1-10, Seek the lost

1-10
1 Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. 2 A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy.
3 He wanted to see who Jesus was, but being a short man he could not, because of the crowd. 4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.

5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, "Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today." 6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly. 7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, "He has gone to be the guest of a `sinner.'"

8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, "Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount." 9 Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

* Finding Jo Eun-nuri, 14 years korean girl,  lost during mountain climbing in S. Korea, 6,000 people searched, found in 10 days (searching shepherd dog and a soldier). PPT

Finding what is lost is not easy. God is the seeker of the lost, and Jesus came to seek and to save the lost (10).
Let's meet Jesus who found Zacchaeus the lost.

Verse 1, passing through Jericho (Last road in His life)
  It is the last opportunity to meet Jesus. Eph. 5:16, 'Buy an opportuny.'
  The steel king Carnegie said. “No one had missed a good opportunity. I just didn't catch it.” You have to wait for the opportunity and make it yours when it comes. God always gives us opportunities. He is always passing by. It is up to us to live a blessed life by taking the opportunity of the Lord.

V.2, Jesus is looking for Zacchaeus : a chief tax collector, rich man. (Thief, bullying). *  Jesus is looking for you also!

V.3, Zacchaeus was interested in Jesus and wanted to see Him.
  2 Obstacles - He is short and crowded, he could see Him.
  We have to overcome obstacles to meet Jesus like Zacchaeus.

Verse 4, but he ran to a sycamore-fig tree to see him, and climbed it.
  He tried wonderful action to catch the opportuny.

V.5, In Jesus' passage, he looked over the tree.
“Zacchaeus, come down quickly. I must stay in your house. ”

Verse 6, Zacchaeus came down at once and welcomed him gladly.
  He got a blessed fortune to welcome Jesus in his home.

Verse 7, The grumbles of many people, “He has gone to be the guest of a `sinner." Wherever there is complaint. Do not care too much.

Verse 8, Zacchaeus' change after meeting Jesus, "Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount."

Verse 9, Jesus' declaration, “Today salvation has come to this house. This man is also a son of Abraham. ”

Verse 10, The purpose of Jesus' coming, in search of the lost, to come to save them.  “For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

We too were lost.
Today Zacchaeus is ours.
Let's meet the Lord who came to us and change. 'I am a descendant of Abraham.'
Let us also find the lost.

Jesus came to Zacchaeus, who was lost. We who believed in Jesus were lost. Let's thank the Lord for finding us. In return, let us bring to the Lord those who are lost to God and who do not yet believe in Jesus. I pray God bless you all the time. Amen.

Comments