EM 말씀

Luke 10: 25-37, "Go and do likewise."

관리자 0 2,542 2019.07.08 11:21
Luke 10: 25-37,  "Go and do likewise."

10:25-27,
25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
26."What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"
27.He answered: "`Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, `Love your neighbor as yourself.'"  28."You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."  29. But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"

30.In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead.
31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side.  32. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.
33.But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him.
34.He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him.
35.The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. `Look after him,' he said, `and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'
36."Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"
37.The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him." Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

* A Joke : Reading Bible of a saint

Mt. 27:5, So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.
Lk. 10:37, The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him." Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."
Jn. 13:27, As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him. "What you are about to do, do quickly," Jesus told him,  Let's read the Bible hard.

* Dialogue of Jesus and the Scriber

v. 25, “Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
v. 26, "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?" “
v. 27, "`Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, `Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
v. 28,"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."
v.29, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?" “

Vs. 30-35, Parable of the Good Samaritan (It's real)

1) An expert in the law : A religious person who justifies self-righteousness
  2) A person who met robbers: A person who went down from Jerusalem to Jericho and met robbers who almost died, a life that hurts
  3) A priest and a Levite : A life called God's work (the saints, the kingly priest of God for the world)
  4) A Samaritan: dedication to the mercy and the compassion and saving of life that is despised and dying (heart, time, money, labor)

Verse 36 says, "Which of these three will you be a neighbor of those who are robbers?" The center is not a law teacher, but a person who met
      robbers. Whose neighborhood should we be?
  Jesus came to the world to be our neighbor, like a person who met robbers , and received all kinds of contempt, and died on the cross and sacrificed.

37, "Saying, 'This is the one who had mercy on him.'" Jesus said, "Go and do likewise." The Samaritan, who had been a great servant, had mercy on those who met the robbers. Jesus, like this Samaritan, gave his heart and life to us. He still binds our wounds, takes care of pain, comforts and heals. God bless you to have true peace in Jesus.

*Application Questions / Lessons

1) For like me, a person met a robber, do you appreciate Jesus having cared of me like a Samaritan?

2) With the heart to repay His grace, do you pray for your family and neighbors and evangelize with compassion ?

3) Faith is not knowledge but action or practice. Love is not a noun but a verb, not static but dynamic.

Mk. 9:23. "`If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes.
 Phil. 4:13.  I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Comments