EM 말씀

1 Sam. 22:1-2,5, 16-23, Ps. 57:5,7-11, The blessed Adullam Community

관리자 0 2,668 2019.05.20 08:28
1 Sam. 22:1-2,5, 16-23, Ps. 57:5,7-11,  The blessed Adullam Community

1-2, 5, 16-23
 1 David left Gath and escaped to the cave of Adullam. When his brothers and his father's household heard about it, they went down to him there. 2 All those who were in distress or in debt or discontented gathered around him, and he became their leader. About four hundred men were with him. 5 But the prophet Gad said to David, "Do not stay in the stronghold. Go into the land of Judah." So David left and went to the forest of Hereth.
16 But the king said, "You will surely die, Ahimelech, you and your father's whole family." 17 Then the king ordered the guards at his side: "Turn and kill the priests of the LORD, because they too have sided with David. They knew he was fleeing, yet they did not tell me." But the king's officials were not willing to raise a hand to strike the priests of the LORD. 18 The king then ordered Doeg, "You turn and strike down the priests." So Doeg the Edomite turned and struck them down. That day he killed eighty-five men who wore the linen ephod. 19 He also put to the sword Nob, the town of the priests, with its men and women, its children and infants, and its cattle, donkeys and sheep.
20 But Abiathar, a son of Ahimelech son of Ahitub, escaped and fled to join David. 21 He told David that Saul had killed the priests of the LORD.
22 Then David said to Abiathar: "That day, when Doeg the Edomite was there, I knew he would be sure to tell Saul. I am responsible for the death of your father's whole family. 23 Stay with me; don't be afraid; the man who is seeking your life is seeking mine also. You will be safe with me."

There is tribulation, debt and frustration to everyone in the world.
 * 2019, Emory University 174th graduation ceremony, speech by Dr. Andrew Young (87)
   As we encounter obstacles in life, “We are more than human beings dealing with the frustrations of an earthly life,” Young said. “We are spiritual beings.” we kind of let go and let God, in whatever field you might find yourself run to the end of the road, exhausted, not know what else to do, relax, let go, then something divine will happen, We are more than human being dealing with the frustration of earthly life, we are spiritual beings, somehow in the realization of our spiritual being, there Is power that we do not understand, maybe we should not try, release ourselves to ultimate imagination of our divinity, glorious thing happen. This is a great day, you are a great people, created for just such day as this, God has blessed you, pass those blessings throughout His creation.

What community is a good community (church)?
Look at the community of David in 1 Sam. 22:1-2.

1. A community of people who have distress, debt, and suffering in soul(1-2).

Verses 1 and 2, David fled to the Adullam (refuge) cave. There gathered about 400 people with tribulations, debt, and suffering in soul.

* Abidal's appearances (20-23) These are the appearance of ourselves before Jesus. We all have tribulations. Jesus praises us (Hebrews 4: 15,16). 'I am blamed' (v. 22),
Hymn # 70, a healthy church in which the suffering is comforted.

2. A community obeying the Lord's servant and the Word(5)
 We must hold onto the Word during our troubles. Verse 5, the prophet Gad said to David, "Go into the land of Judah." It is dangerous and difficult, but David obeys the prophet and the word of life.
22:23,
Isaiah 41:10

3. The community honored (2 Samuel 23, David's mighty men)
  David's shabby community became the kingdom of David, forming a solid kingdom, the kingdom of God (2 Sam. 7:13-14, Ch. 23).

Lessons in the text

1) God will never leave His elected alone. He is with them and comfort them.
   He sees, knows and cares for them. Hebrews 13:6, Psalm 57 (5,7-11, David's amazing praise in Adullam Cave)

2) The scene of tribulation is the beginning of the greatness (Job 8:7, 2 Samuel 8, 23)

Comments