EM 말씀

1 K. 17:8-16, Person of miracle

관리자 0 2,921 2019.04.08 12:56
1 K. 17:8-16, Person of miracle

8-16, 
8 Then the word of the LORD came to him:
9.  "Go at once to Zarephath of Sidon and stay there. I have commanded a widow in that place to supply you with food."
10.  So he went to Zarephath. When he came to the town gate, a widow was there gathering sticks. He called to her and asked, "Would you bring me a little water in a jar so I may have a drink?"
11.  As she was going to get it, he called, "And bring me, please, a piece of bread."
12.  "As surely as the LORD your God lives," she replied, "I don't have any bread -- only a handful of flour in a jar and a little oil in a jug. I am gathering a few sticks to take home and make a meal for myself and my son, that we may eat it -- and die."
13.  Elijah said to her, "Don't be afraid. Go home and do as you have said. But first make a small cake of bread for me from what you have and bring it to me, and then make something for yourself and your son.
14.  For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: `The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until the day the LORD gives rain on the land.'"
15.  She went away and did as Elijah had told her. So there was food every day for Elijah and for the woman and her family.
16.  For the jar of flour was not used up and the jug of oil did not run dry, in keeping with the word of the LORD spoken by Elijah.

How did she overcome poverty and become the protagonist of miracle?

1. She experienced the grace of God in poverty(8-10).

8 Then the word of the LORD came to him:
  9.  "Go at once to Zarephath of Sidon and stay there. I have commanded a widow in    that place to supply you with food."
  10.  So he went to Zarephath. When he came to the town gate, a widow was there      gathering sticks. He called to her and asked, "Would you bring me a little water    in a jar so I may have a drink?"

2. Poverty gives birth to God's miracle (9,10, 1S 2:7; Jn 2:3)

1) Look at what is left and plant it to God (11,12,13), Ex 4: 2
  13.  Elijah said to her, "Don't be afraid. Go home and do as you have said. But first make a small cake of bread for me from what you have and bring it to me, and then make something for yourself and your son.

2) Know your priorities (13-14).

3) Obey God's word (13,14,15), Dt. 28:2-6.
  15.  She went away and did as Elijah had told her. So there was food every day for Elijah and for the woman and her family.

4) Plant a lot.  15,  2Cor.9:6-8.

2Cor. 9:6-8, 6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
  7Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not        reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
  8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

5) She became the protagonist of miracle (16)
  16.  For the jar of flour was not used up and the jug of oil did not run dry, in keeping with the word of the LORD spoken by Elijah.

3. Look to the Lord, who is poor to make us rich (2 Cor 8: 9, Heb 12: 2, Eph 1:23)
  2 Cor.8:9,  For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

Prayer/

God of grace, thank you for your grace until today. Let us live dignified in any circumstances. We are confident that the Lord has given us riches. Plant seeds for the Lord who will make you rich even if you are poor now, and gain riches by faith. Let us live a blessed life with faith and obedience like the widow of Zarephath. Amen

Comments