EM 말씀

Lev 23:23-32, Enjoy the blessings of the Trumpet Festival and the Day …

관리자 0 2,973 2019.02.11 10:49
Lev 23:23-32, Enjoy the blessings of the Trumpet Festival and the Day of Atonement 

23-32

23The LORD said to Moses,
24"Say to the Israelites: `On the first day of the seventh month you are to have a day of rest, a sacred assembly commemorated with trumpet blasts.
25Do no regular work, but present an offering made to the LORD by fire.'"
26The LORD said to Moses, 27The tenth day of this seventh month is the Day of Atonement. Hold a sacred assembly and deny yourselves, and present an offering made to the LORD by fire.
28Do no work on that day, because it is the Day of Atonement, when atonement is made for you before the LORD your God.
29Anyone who does not deny himself on that day must be cut off from his people. 30I will destroy from among his people anyone who does any work on that day. 31You shall do no work at all. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live.
32It is a sabbath of rest for you, and you must deny yourselves. From the evening of the ninth day of the month until the following evening you are to observe your sabbath."

* Back to the basics!
* Do you enjoy the blessings of Pentecost (coming of the Holy Spirit,  the Church, body of the Lord )?

1. Enjoy the blessings of the Festival of Trumpets (23-25)

1) The trumpet tells us that Jesus is coming again.
  * Hymn # 180, When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound.
  * the Sound of a trumpet in the army

1 Thes. 4:16,17.
  16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
  17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

2) Blessing of blowing the Trumpet of the Gospel(1 Peter 2:9)

1 Peter 2:9,  But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
 * Jesus is my Savior, my God, my King, my Lord, all of mine!

2. Enjoy the blessings of the Day of Atonement (26-32).

* Afflict oneself / Fasting of all day long.

1) Blessing  cleansed  by Jesus , the sin offering,
  Heb. 10:14, once for all,  forever, perfectly!

Heb. 10:14, because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

2) A blessing purified by the Word (Ephe. 5:26,27).

Ephe. 5:26,27,
  26to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

3) A blessing that sings the song of salvation even before the judgment of the Lord (Rev. 15: 3-4)

Rv. 15:3,4,
  3and sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb: "Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages. 4Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed."

Prayer/
  Lord of the seasons, let us prepare to meet Jesus, who will come by the sound of a trumpet and blow the trumpet of the gospel. We  believe that through the work of His Atonement, your Blood  cleaned  our sins once for all, forever, and completely. Let the song of salvation sing before the judgment of the Lord. Amen

Comments