EM 말씀

Mt 6:9-13 Let us pray to our Father, Abba in heavens.

관리자 0 3,028 2017.08.10 12:16
Mt 6:9-13  Let us pray to our Father, Abba in heavens. 

From Today's scripture, you will find the prayers which Jesus taught to his disciples. The Lord's prayer is very simple and brief but it has everything in it. It is a central prayer in Christianity.  It is an example of how one should pray. It has lessons from Jesus's teachings during his three years of ministry. It is spiritual guidance for our spiritual life before God. Therefore, we have to be committed to our Lord Jesus thru this prayer.  This Lord's Prayer (Pater Noster)  consists of 8 parts and we will look at the meaning of the first part today. "Our father who are in heaven" means three things:

1. God is our 'Abba, our Father'.

Father, (Pater) The creator of the universe is our Father. There is no other to which you can compare him. Almighty God, who can make everything possible, is Our Father. Matt 7:11 “If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!?” Our father who are in heaven will give us the best. How thankful and graceful is that? Let's not forget that promise to be faithful every second of our lives. Galatians 4:6, Apostle Paul calls on God as ‘Abba', Father. So did Jesus in Mark 14:36.

2. God is 'OUR' Father!

He is not just my father but also our father, He is the father of all of us. It says, "Our father is". Not only for one particular individual or nation but for each of us and for all nations, He is the father.  Matt 28:19,  "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"  Acts 1:8, "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes to you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Also, if you serve God as one Father, you are all equal as his children. We are all brothers and sisters of our Father. We have an intimate fellowship as a family of God, as his children and His creatures. That is why we have to bless each other and love and serve each other.

3. Father who are 'in Heavens!'

God is in heaven. (Πάτερ ἡμών ὁ ἐν τοίς οὐρανοίς) Here, the word, "Heaven" in Greek is not written as singular but plural. It is "heavens". Heaven in earth, atmosphere, and the heavenly city of Jerusalem. He is in the entire universe transcending time and space. He is an omnipresent God. “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool" (Isaiah 66:1). Remember that He is watching you always where ever you are. (music of David in the book of Psam 139:1-10, 22-23 )

Comments