EM 말씀

Acts 26: 24-32, For the Gospel

관리자 0 2,985 2018.08.20 22:33
Acts 26: 24-32, For the Gospel

24-32
24.At this point Festus interrupted Paul's defense. "You are out of your mind, Paul!" he shouted. "Your great learning is driving you insane."
25. "I am not insane, most excellent Festus," Paul replied. "What I am saying is true and reasonable.
26. The king is familiar with these things, and I can speak freely to him. I am convinced that none of this has escaped his notice, because it was not done in a corner.
27. King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know you do."
28. Then Agrippa said to Paul, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?"
29. Paul replied, "Short time or long -- I pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains."
30. The king rose, and with him the governor and Bernice and those sitting with them.
31. They left the room, and while talking with one another, they said, "This man is not doing anything that deserves death or imprisonment."
32. Agrippa said to Festus, "This man could have been set free if he had not appealed to Caesar."

Mania is an excessive enthusiasm or desire that overloaded with something. Computer, I Phone, game, reading, sports, etc. Paul in the text hears from the governor of Festus, "You are crazy." (24, maine is same as mania). Paul replies that he "speaks true and reasonable" (25). In fact, Paul is a maniac, a madman of the gospel (Jesus Christ). I understand the position of the politician, Festus, who could not believe in Jesus' resurrection. In fact the devil had blinded the minds of the resurrection (2 Corinthians 4:4).
 * What are you to engage in?

Paul speaks boldly to King Agrippa (26). He asks if he believes the resurrected Jesus is the Messiah (27). But the king says, Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?"  The king is a sad man who does not believe in Jesus as he sees man's eyes. He missed the opportunity to go to heaven. Paul boldly says that he wants everyone to be a believer in Jesus as himself (29).
v. 29, "Short time or long -- I pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains."
  He alone is bound, but he preaches the gospel proudly and tries to save the souls. He is truly a madman (passionate and enthusiastic) in the salvation of the gospel and souls. He has experienced salvation and life in Jesus Christ (Gospel). We must also have a passion for the gospel. We must also have the courage to proclaim the gospel to our neighbors.

* Do you live like Paul in proclaiming the gospel proudly for preaching the gospel and saving the souls?

Paul had no sin to be redeemed. But he was bound by the gospel. But he is a free man. For he is in the gospel of Jesus Christ. John 8:31, 32, "You know the truth (Jesus Christ) (experience). The truth will set you free." Those who live in captivity in the gospel, who are loyal to the Lord, can live freely and dignified in any situation or circumstance. Paul is like that.

* Do you now enjoy full freedom in the gospel of Jesus Christ? If not, why?

* The story of Stephen Olin loyal to God.

There are times when we are disappointed when we live in our faith, and sometimes we feel like we are in vain. There is also a feeling that God is leaving us and that he forsook us. The more we are, the more we must hang on to God. God gives strength to a loyal person who cries before God even if things do not change at once. Amen.
   Holy saints! Becoming filled with Jesus Christ, the gospel, let us be as witnesses of the gospel under all circumstances, like Paul. I hope you will live as a disciple of Jesus as you know that life as a man of Jesus is the most blessed life. Amen.

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 24 명
  • 오늘 방문자 693 명
  • 어제 방문자 1,307 명
  • 최대 방문자 4,790 명
  • 전체 방문자 1,191,159 명
  • 전체 게시물 2,817 개
  • 전체 회원수 9 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand