EM 말씀

Acts 22:12-21, The calling

관리자 0 3,189 2018.08.06 09:58
Acts 22:12-21,  The calling

22:12-21
12. "A man named Ananias came to see me. He was a devout observer of the law and highly respected by all the Jews living there.
13. He stood beside me and said, `Brother Saul, receive your sight!' And at that very moment I was able to see him.
14. "Then he said: `The God of our fathers has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from his mouth.
15. You will be his witness to all men of what you have seen and heard.
16. And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'
17. "When I returned to Jerusalem and was praying at the temple, I fell into a trance
18. and saw the Lord speaking. `Quick!' he said to me. `Leave Jerusalem immediately, because they will not accept your testimony about me.'
19. "`Lord,' I replied, `these men know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you.
20. And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.'
21. "Then the Lord said to me, `Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.'"

There is something important to think about first as we live our faith. It is the calling, the calling of God.
  * President George Washington's calling consciousness

1. God calls us (12-14).

"Moses, Moses!" God calls us personally. When and where were you called?
   "Saul, Saul!" Jesus went to Saul whom he arrested the saints and went to persecute them. He made him blinded and called Ananias to Saul to lay hands on him to be healed and baptized. *Whose help have you been healed and opened your spiritual eyes?

See the call of Saul (14).

1) God made His' will (secret, deep meaning) known (mind change). The doctrine of righteousness by faith.
2) He has seen the Righteous, Jesus Christ (eyes change).
3) He has heard the voice of the Lord (ears change).
 * Did the Lord open your heart, eyes, and ears?
  Are you living in gratitude for your call to your home, your church, and your neighbors?

2. The call is for the gospel evidence (15-16).

'Lord, what shall I do?' (10).
 'Bring the Gospel (Jesus Christ)!' (15) Tell what you have seen and heard and experienced. Saul is ordained through Ananias and his sight is restored. Baptism is forgiven of sins. And he preaches the gospel to Asia Minor and Europe.

* The story of the parents who lost their daughters believing in Jesus and preaching the gospel

3. There is a mission in the calling (17-21).

Ananias goes to Saul, who came to persecute the believer in obedience to the words of Jesus that he is calling and fulfills his mission. When Saul is called and restored, he goes to Jerusalem and receives the ministry of God. Share the Gospel to the Gentiles. Saul is obedient and faithful to the Word of God / Jesus who called. Loyalty is important.
* Those who are loyal to the end(Rv. 2:10)

Holy saints! We need to be faithful to God's call. We must be loyal to the end of that call (Revelation 2:10). No matter where you called me, I realize clearly what you are calling for and pray for the rest of your life to walk the gospel for the Lord. Amen.

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 28 명
  • 오늘 방문자 861 명
  • 어제 방문자 1,307 명
  • 최대 방문자 4,790 명
  • 전체 방문자 1,191,327 명
  • 전체 게시물 2,817 개
  • 전체 회원수 9 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand