EM 말씀

Blessed person blessing others, Numbers 6:22-27

관리자 0 2,949 2017.06.04 02:30
Bible : Numbers 6:22-27 Blessed person blessing others.  May 28. 2017.
Preacher: Rev. KyuS.Shim     

Numbers 6:22-27, 22. The LORD said to Moses, 23. "Tell Aaron and his sons, `This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them: 24. "` "The LORD bless you and keep you;  25. the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
  26. the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."'
  27. "So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them."

Who is a blessed person?  Is not a person who blessing others? Numbers 6:22-27 say about the  blessed person. What is  the true blessing, the heavenly blessing?
God is the origin of all blessings, He gives us them(24,27). Verse 24 says the Lord bless you. All blessings come from the Lord(Ps. 16:2). Do you believe that? God called Abraham out of the world and blessed him and made him a blessing. Verse 27 says I will bless them. Also Hebrew 6:14 says surely blessing I will bless you. Ephesians 1:3 says God gives us every heavenly blessing in Jesus Christ. God gives us three kinds of blessings in above text.   

First is the blessing of protection, God keeps us(24). He protects our belongings and our body. Ps. 121:4 says indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. God keeps us from our enemy the devil, the power of death through the blood of Jesus and Holy Spirit and His angels for all our life(Example, Daniel's three friends in Dan. 3). 

Second is the blessing of grace : God shines His face on them and be gracious to them(25). God's grace, shining His face upon us is the great blessing. Grace is His free love and favor to us. It was given freely us through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus and His cross(Romans 3:24). Let us enjoy this grace abundantly in our home and church.

Third is the blessing of peace : The Lord turns His face toward us and gives us peace(26).  God turns His smiling face toward us. It means He cares for us with His special concern and tender love. It gives us true peace, shalom(Heberew). In fact health, money and our position give us physical stability. But true peace comes from God. It has nothing to do with our situations or problems. Jesus was sleeping in boat buffeted by the wind and waves. He gave His disciples peace even before in the agony of His cross(John 14:27). Let us enjoy this peace with the Holy Spirit and prayer(Romans 14:17, Phil. 4:6,7).

Holy saints, let us live a life blessing others(27). The person blessing others is a real blessed one. We believers are royal priesthood to the world(1 Peter 2:9). When we bless one another we are blessed saints. I pray and bless we all live as a peaceful reconciliator between God and other people and a passage of God's blessing, therefore we become a true blessed person. Amen.

Comments