EM 말씀

Acts 7:54-8:1, Being filled with Holy Spirit is the answer

관리자 1 3,097 2018.06.25 14:05
Acts 7:54-8:1, Being filled with Holy Spirit is the answer

7:54-8:1,
54 When they heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him.
55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.
56 "Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."
57 At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him,
58 dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul.
59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."
8:1, And Saul was there, giving approval to his death. On that day a great persecution broke out against the church at Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria.

Andrew Rivet (professor of theology) confessed before his death. "In the days when death is imminent, I have experienced more changes than the last 50 years."

I see Stephen in his body before he dies. He boldly proclaimed the gospel in front of the people and members of the public who tried to kill him with stone. 54 They were stabbed in their hearts, and they struck Stephen.

But Stephen prayed two things, not fearing death. 1) Lord Jesus, receive my soul (59, see Luke 23:46). Our last name is our faith. 2) Lord, do not turn this sin upon them (60, see Luke 23:34). At last, the name of the Lord Jesus, the life of forgiveness to the enemy, resembles Jesus. How can we live like this?

1. Being filled with Holy Spirit is the answer (55).

v. 55. "Stephen was filled with the Holy Spirit."
  Being filled with Holy Spirit means that we are under the control and ruling  of the Holy Spirit. Stephen was full of the Holy Spirit and shows his best life in the worst condition to kill himself. Let us also be filled by the Holy Spirit.

2. Look to the heavens(God) (55, 56).

55, "Stephen looked up to heaven."  56, "Behold, the heavens are opened."
 * Ezekiel(Ez. 1)
  Isaiah(Is. 6),
  Apostle John(Rv. 1)
  Open our eyes and see the heavens.

3. Look to the God of glory and Jesus at His right hand (56)

56, "Stephen ... seeing the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God."
 57, at this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him,

8:1, "And Saul was there, giving approval to his death. On that day a great persecution broke out against the church at Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria."

Daily prayer with Matthew 5:43-48. Let us pray for our enemies and bless those who persecute us.

Pray for this time with one mind. Lord, let us be filled by the Holy Spirit like Stephen. Please, open the heavens, and see the glory of God and the standing Jesus. Let us give our soul to the Lord, and forgive even our enemies, and let us go out and preach the gospel. Amen.

Comments

asdf 2023.04.10 11:43
http://shark5154.co.kr 화장품제조관리사