EM 말씀

Gn. 1:1-2, 26-31, I believe in God the Father, Almighty Creator

관리자 0 122 06.09 08:50
Sermon of Apostles’ Creed
Gn. 1:1-2, 26-31, I believe in God the Father, Almighty Creator

Introduction : The Apostles' Creed is a confession of faith. At first, it was a question-and-answer format for baptism. Mt.16:16, “Thou art the Christ, the Son of God.” (Peter) John 11:37, “I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God who is coming into the world.” (Martha)
A confession of faith is ‘I believe –’. ‘Believe’ is Credo in Latin, which means “I give (do) my heart (Cre).” ‘Offering my heart (life) to God’ is faith. During the Roman Empire, believing in Jesus and being baptized meant risking one's life and preparing for martyrdom. The Apostles' Creed confesses three things: with the heart of giving one's life to God the Father, Jesus the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Today we listen to the words of confession to God the Father.

“I believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of heavens and earth.” I give my life to God the Father.
1. God the Father is almighty.
 God does everything. Gn.17:1, “When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am God Almighty; walk before me and be blameless.” Both Abraham and Sarah had to believe in God Almighty. But when he said he would give him a son (At the age of Sarah-89, Abraham-99), he couldn't believe it and laughed. But God rebuked him, saying, "Am I not Almighty God? What does it matter that your wife gave birth and that I will give you a son?" Do not waver and believe firmly. ① Everything is in God’s hands. ② Everything is possible with God. It depends on God’s will. There is not miracle, but commonplace, even a swarm of locusts or a quail is called by God. ‘I can do nothing.’ When I give up, God begins at that moment. Almighty God governs our life, home and church. Amen.

2. We believe in God the Father.
 God is our father, We are children of God. Is.63:16, “God is our Father; Abraham does not know us, Israel does not acknowledge us; yet you, O LORD, are our Father; from ancient times your name has been called our Redeemer.”  A child of God is one who has accepted Jesus Christ. John 1:12, “But to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” The Lord’s Prayer, ‘Our Father in heaven.’(Mt. 6:12)
 Our life came from God the Father. God the Father expresses very attentive paternal love and caring fatherly attention. Mt.6, He counts the sparrows, the lilies of the field, and even the hairs of our heads. God the Father is an intimate Abba God. ‘Think of the fatherly love of the spiny fish. When the female spiny fish lays eggs and leaves them, the male spiny fish takes care of the young without eating or sleeping, it raises its young by eating its own flesh. Let us live while meditating on the love of God the Father, who shows deep paternal love like that of a male spiny fish.

3. We believe in the Creator of heavens and earth.
 Creator God created something from nothing. He is the one who created heavens and earth, animals, plants, and all things in the universe. He created the universe/visible world and invisible world. He created us/body, soul, eyes, ears, all body parts, our senses, reason, etc. Ps.24:1-2, Gn.1:1, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”
We are His creation, the image and likeness of God. We are God's masterpiece. Ephe.2:10, “For we are God’s workmanship(masterpiece), created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
 ‘And it was very good’ (Gn.1:31). God looked at all the creatures he had made and said that they were very good. Let's bless to the person next to you. “You are a very good person in God’s sight.” “You are God’s masterpiece.” The Creator God is the God who forgives, heals, and does everything.

4. What should we do while believing in God the Father, the Almighty Creator?
1) Love God, the Almighty Father of Creation. Dt.6:4,5, Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
2) Believe that there is an almighty God the Creator and a rewarder.
 Heb.11:6, And without faith it is impossible to please God, for he who comes to God must believe that he exists and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

Dear saints, let us believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Comments