EM 말씀

Acts 7:37-50, True Worship and Jesus

관리자 0 88 02.18 13:53
Acts 7:37-50, True Worship and Jesus

17.37."This is that Moses who told the Israelites, `God will send you a prophet like me from your own people.'
38.He was in the assembly in the desert, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers; and he received living words to pass on to us.
39."But our fathers refused to obey him. Instead, they rejected him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt.
40.They told Aaron, `Make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who led us out of Egypt -- we don't know what has happened to him!'
41.That was the time they made an idol in the form of a calf. They brought sacrifices to it and held a celebration in honor of what their hands had made.
42.But God turned away and gave them over to the worship of the heavenly bodies. This agrees with what is written in the book of the prophets: "`Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings forty years in the desert, O house of Israel?
43.You have lifted up the shrine of Molech and the star of your god Rephan, the idols you made to worship. Therefore I will send you into exile' beyond Babylon.
44."Our forefathers had the tabernacle of the Testimony with them in the desert. It had been made as God directed Moses, according to the pattern he had seen.
45.Having received the tabernacle, our fathers under Joshua brought it with them when they took the land from the nations God drove out before them. It remained in the land until the time of David,
46.who enjoyed God's favor and asked that he might provide a dwelling place for the God of Jacob.
47.But it was Solomon who built the house for him.
48."However, the Most High does not live in houses made by men. As the prophet says:
49."`Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. What kind of house will you build for me? says the Lord. Or where will my resting place be?
50.Has not my hand made all these things?'

God rescued baby Moses from death, trained him in the wilderness for 40 years, and then called him and appointed him as the leader of Israel. Now Moses became a prophet and leader of the wilderness church. 37-38;
It is now the wilderness church. Life is temporary and a process to get to heaven. The wilderness passes by. 1 Cor. 10:1,2, 1) Israelites crossed the Red Sea. They were saved from the world. 2) They were baptized. The old person dies and lives as a new person. 3) They crossed the Jordan River. When you die, you enter the eternal heaven.
  39-41, However, the people expressed complaints and dissatisfaction and did not obey Moses, whom God had appointed. “Let’s go back to Egypt,” he incited. They also criticize God, saying that the Egyptian god has taken care of them until now (41). We must abandon idols and turn to God.
Worship with your true heart.
42-43, They worshiped for their own needs and interests. True worship is offering with all your heart, sacrificing time, money, and everything you have, only for God. But they made idols, worshiped them, and bowed down to them. The result was destruction. V.43, Babylonian captivity. God left them alone. Rom. 1:24,26,28, God's protective shield was removed.
Vs. 44,45, Live centered around the tabernacle. Train your Emmanuel faith to walk with God. Between Egypt (this world) and Canaan (eternal heaven), we are heading toward the Promised Land.
46-47, Solomon built the house of God. 48-50, However, God is not limited to places (temples) built with human hands. We must live with complete worship of Jesus, the true temple.
Dear saints, our wilderness training (36,38,44) continues today. I hope that you walk with God, worship Jesus with Emmanuel faith, and live by faith, centered on the tabernacle/temple, which is the house of God. Amen.

Comments