EM 말씀

Acts 1:1-8, God’s Kingdom brought by the Holy Spirit 2

관리자 0 274 2023.10.08 23:09
Acts 1:1-8, God’s Kingdom brought by the Holy Spirit 2

1-11, 1.In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach  2.until the day he was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen. 3.After his suffering, he showed himself to these men and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God.  4.On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5.ForJohn baptized with water,but in a few days you will be baptized with theHoly Spirit."    6.So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?"  7.He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.
8.But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you;& you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem,& in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

<Sermon Summary>
  God the Holy Spirit came to complete the kingdom of God.
1.Jesus told them to wait for God’s promise, the Holy Spirit (4-5, Lk.24:49,11:13) 
 Lk.24:49,I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high." 11:13, If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"
 4.On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5.ForJohn baptized with water,but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.“      If you trust God’s promise and pray earnestly, you will receive the Holy Spirit. We must pray with a longing heart and constantly recharge it so that it does not cool down. Empty yourself to allow the Holy Spirit to lead. So live a life centered on the Holy Spirit and God.

2.When the Holy Spirit comes, you’ll receive power&become a witness for Jesus(8) 
 When you receive the Holy Spirit from Jesus, the power of God the Holy Spirit is given to you. Jesus overcame the power of death. Because He was resurrected. He also overcame the powers of Hades. “You too can win with Jesus. You can win with Him through the Holy Spirit. In other words, He gives you the power of God.

1) Inner presence: 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit
 When you are filled with the Holy Spirit, you become an overflowing river. John 7:37-39, If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. From that vessel will flow rivers of living water, the Holy Spirit. It is revealed as fruit. This is the fruit of the Holy Spirit. We bear 9 fruits within us. Acts7:55, See Stephen. Stephen, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked up toward heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 11:24 Barnabas was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith. So the crowds added to the Lord.  Gal.5:22-23, 22.But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23.gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. *Command: Walk according to the Holy Spirit (Rom.8:4-5, Ga. 5:16,25)

2) External presence: Gifts for ministry(1 Cor.12:4-11)
  We are filled outwardly by the Holy Spirit who comes upon us. He is filled to the point of bursting. This is the gift of the Holy Spirit for the ministry of our believers. There are several examples in the book of Acts2:1-4, The night before Jesus was arrested, the disciples could not pray for even an hour in the Garden of Gethsemane. But after Jesus’ ascension they have gathered together for 10 days and devoted themselves to prayer. They prayed intensively,  experienced the filling of the Holy Spirit.
 1 Cor.12:4-11, 4.There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5.There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6.There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men. 7.Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8.To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9.to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10.to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11.All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.
 The Holy Spirit is revealed to each person for their benefit. There are gifts such as the word of wisdom, the word of knowledge, faith, the gift of healing, miraculous power, prophesying, discerning spirits, speaking in various tongues, and interpreting tongues. All these things are done by one and the same Spirit, distributing to each one as He wills.

3. Let’s participate in God’s work of completing heaven by being filled with the H.S. 
 Let us achieve heaven by being filled with the Holy Spirit. In Ch. 2, the kingdom of God and the church are expanding as the Holy Spirit is filled. The Acts of the Apostles are the Acts of the Holy Spirit. God the Holy Spirit is completing the kingdom of God. The Holy Spirit works through Words and prayer. Ephe.5:18, “Do not get drunk. Only be filled with the Holy Spirit.”

<Similarities between being filled with the Holy Spirit and being drunk> 
 1) Become eloquent (speak many words of the Holy Spirit) 2) Sing songs (hymns and gospel songs) 3) Encourage people (to believe in Jesus)
4) Cry (tears of repentance or joy) 5) Be brave, Be courageous, not arrogant
6) Be dominated, be guided by the Holy Spirit, walk according to the Holy Spirit 7) Be crazy with the Holy Spirit&Jesus) 8) Wine snacks are needed(the Words, Mt.4:4, Jesus answered,"...Man lives on every word that comes from the mouth of God")
9) Gives off a scent – the scent of Jesus, fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit.

2 Cor.2:14-16, 14.But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. 15.For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16.To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task?
 Radiate the scent of Jesus Christ.
 Dear believers, I bless you all to be filled with the Holy Spirit and achieve the kingdom of God with the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit and various gifts of the Holy Spirit. Amen

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 13 명
  • 오늘 방문자 1,160 명
  • 어제 방문자 1,339 명
  • 최대 방문자 4,790 명
  • 전체 방문자 1,190,319 명
  • 전체 게시물 2,817 개
  • 전체 회원수 9 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand