EM 말씀

Col. 4:7-18, A vital church (A serving community> <Scripture an…

관리자 0 575 2023.05.01 11:46
Col. 4:7-18, A vital church (A serving community>  <Scripture and Sermon summary>

4:7-18,
 7 Tychicus will tell you all the news about me. He is a dear brother, a faithful minister and fellow servant in the Lord. 8 I am sending him to you for the express purpose that you may know about our† circumstances and that he may encourage your hearts. 9 He is coming with Onesimus, our faithful and dear brother, who is one of you. They will tell you everything that is happening here. 10 My fellow prisoner Aristarchus sends you his greetings, as does Mark, the cousin of Barnabas. (You have received instructions about him; if he comes to you, welcome him.) 11 Jesus, who is called Justus, also sends greetings. These are the only Jews among my co-workers for the kingdom of God, and they have proved a comfort to me. 12 Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured. 13 I vouch for him that he is working hard for you and for those at Laodicea and Hierapolis. 14 Our dear friend Luke, the doctor, and Demas send greetings. 15 Give my greetings to the brothers and sisters at Laodicea, and to Nympha and the church in her house. 16 After this letter has been read to you, see that it is also read in the church of the Laodiceans and that you in turn read the letter from Laodicea. 17 Tell Archippus: “See to it that you complete the ministry you have received in the Lord.” 18 I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand. Remember my chains. Grace be with you.

<Sermon summary>

Paul now gives a final benediction as he calls out his co-workers by name. We see the beauty of partnership centered on Jesus shining like a star. The work of the kingdom of God, we see the co-workers who faithfully worked alongside Paul, were imprisoned together, and comforted each other to build a beautiful history of redemption on this earth and a healthy church, the body of Christ. All of the 10 or more proud people are co-workers who, together with Paul, established the church, the body of Christ, on this earth. Looking at the attitude of the kingdom builders who will shine like the sun and stars in the sky, let us all listen to the word of the Lord as we decide to build the kingdom of God together.

1. Beloved brothers, faithful workers, fellow servants in the Lord, Tychicus and Onesimus (7-9) 1) Tychicus was 1) a faithful worker, 2) a fellow servant in the Lord, and 3) a beloved brother. He is a mature man who has kept his faith in the Lord, learned and grew up through Paul, and worked together with the Lord even in prison (2 Tim.4:12).
2) Onesimus was originally a servant of the rich Philemon of Colossae. He stole his master's property one day and fled to Rome. However, he was arrested and met Paul in prison, where he became a faithful and beloved brother who believed in Jesus. Paul sent Onesimus to Colossae and asked his master, Philemon. 'Do not treat him as a sinner, but forgive him in the Lord and accept him as a brother.' v.9. So he was later remarkably changed and served the church as a bishop in Ephesus. *Application: Like Tychicus or Onesimus, are you helping and serving the ministry as a co-worker with your pastor for the kingdom of God? 3) Those who work for the kingdom of God with Paul (10-11): Aristarchus, Mark, Justus. 10-11, The power that Paul was able to preach the gospel to Europe is because of the loyalty of the workers for the kingdom of God. These are the people who have been victorious with the gospel despite the interference of Satan and the evil spirits. They united in one mind and served, building the kingdom of God and a healthy church. ① Justus Jesus (11): He was a circumcision, but he became a faithful worker. ② Aristarchus (10): He suffered hardships while cooperating with Paul and being imprisoned together. He was loyal to the end and worked together with Paul, becoming a great comfort to Paul. ③ Mark (10): He was from Jerusalem and was the son of sister-in-law of Barnabas. He first dropped out of the missionary journey and lost Paul's trust (Acts 15), but later recovered and helped Peter and Paul to the end, and remained by Paul's side even during his deathbed. Even if he made a mistake once, if he continues to correct it, he will change and become a good worker. This is the generosity of the gospel. In the church, in the love of Jesus, we bless each other and work together to build a healthy community that pleases God. They are brothers and comrades with Paul even in prison. They worked together for the spread of the gospel and shared hardships together, which was a great comfort to Paul. We are not satisfied with dying and going to heaven. Bless you to unite together to build the body of Christ and the kingdom of God.
4) Those who became servants of Jesus with Paul(12-14) - Epaphras, doctor Luke *Demas. ① Epaphras (12-13), as the founder and pastor of the church in Colosse, came to Rome and reported the situation of the church to Paul. He shared with him the hardships of imprisonment and was recognized by him. He was a servant of Christ, dedicated to the Lord and the church. He did much for the believers in Colossae, Laodicea and Hierapolis. He fought against the heretical ideas that had spread through the three churches. ② The beloved doctor Luke (14). After believing in Jesus, he accompanied Paul and preached his gospel. He considered healing the sick soul more valuable than a doctor curing the disease of the body. During his missionary journeys, he wrote the Gospel of Luke and the Acts (a truly humble man who hid his name). He was a hidden evangelist who worked hard for Paul's health and accompanied Paul in Troas, Jerusalem, and even in the Roman prison despite the danger of shipwreck. ③ Demas who loved the world (2 Tim.4:10). Like Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Jesus, Demas loved the world and forsook Paul and returned to the world. Demas is about to leave Paul, but here he is mentioned as a co-worker with Mark, who had abandoned Paul in the past (14). This is what a healthy church looks like. The church has its strengths and weaknesses, its joys and its sorrows, its encouragement and its disappointments. * Are you being acknowledged and served by God and the pastor, like the co-workers who helped Paul and comforted him and shared his suffering?

2. Pastor Paul's attitude in serving the church (15-16): 1) People in Paul's interest – Laodicea's brothers, Nympha the woman, and the church in her house (15): The Early Church gathered at home, and it was a house church that met at the house of Nympha, a woman. Paul's great ministry was united by the Holy Spirit and made into a team of able workers dedicated to the kingdom of God. These are people who serve God faithfully and at the same time do their best to serve pastors and neighbors. This dual calling for God and people and the dedicated service of the minister are beautifully highlighted. *Application 1) Are your house, money, time, and talents God's, and are you using them well for the Lord? 2) Are you relationship with God intimate? Are you worship being given in accordance with God's heart? Are your service and sacrifice a reasonable service? 3) Faith is unity. Are you achieving unity with the help of the Holy Spirit in the Gospel? 1 Cor.12:12, The body is one...Although it has many members, it is one body. ..Christ is one.
2) Colosse and Laodicea churches communicating by circulating letters (16): At that time, the apostles' epistles were regarded as textbooks of faith, and while they were circulated, they dealt with heresy and encouraged each other with sound faith. *Application question: Are you encouraging others with the right faith and building them up correctly? 3) Object of exhortation and encouragement – Archippus (Col.4:17, Mon.1:2) He is the son of Philemon and is regarded as the pastor in charge of the Colossae Church. Paul calls him a faithful soldier of Christ. He exhorts him to 'be careful to fulfill the ministry you have been given in the Lord'. We must overcome the attacks of the heretics that infiltrated the Colosse church and protect the church with the truth. His responsibility is great, and he urges him to bear it well. Faithfulness is required of those in charge (1 Cor. 4:2). He urges us to continue to do well in the work of service. Ministry is God working in us and through us. We can fulfill our ministry because we are filled to the full through Jesus Christ. *Application questions, 1) What does God want to accomplish through you? Considering the guidance of the days I have lived, the surrounding situation I am helping now, and the mission I have realized, are you on your way well? 2) What can you do to do what the Lord wants your life to do and through you? 3) Paul is comforting and encouraging the saints of the Colossae church even though he is imprisoned. If you were to encourage someone around you with this kind of Paul's heart for the sake of the gospel, what would you say?

3. Request and benediction – Think of my imprisonment for the sake of the gospel (18) He proudly speaks of his life in prison without being ashamed. He is chained and his body is in an uncomfortable condition. People are bound, but the word of God and the gospel are not bound. He is not asking for sympathy when he wants you to remember that he is bound. Paul says he cares deeply for them, loves them, and seeks to refrain from them falling into heresy. He is a prisoner for the Gentiles because of Christ Jesus. This is evidence of obedience to the Lord and willingness to pay any price to get the Gentiles to hear the gospel. Today there are devoted Christians who have been imprisoned because of their allegiance to the Lord. We must remember them and pray. 2 Tim.1:8 (.. suffer with the gospel according to the power of God). *Applicable questions. 1) Why can we be zealous in obeying the Lord's word and spreading the word regardless of the current environment or situation, whether in season or out of season? 2) For the sake of the Gospel, what restrictions and limitations do you endure? 3) Our whole life is mission and ministry. Just as Paul was crazy about the preaching of the gospel, or missions, what do you want to be crazy about? Where did you send me now to serve and care for those souls? How much are you dedicated and sacrificing for it?
3) “Grace be with all of you” (18). Paul closes his letter with a final benediction. There is no word as blessed as the word grace. It is because the love of God who gave his only begotten Son dwells within it. 1:2, God's grace at the beginning, 4:18, Grace at the end. This benediction is the first and last for Paul. Let's pray that this grace will be the beginning and end, inspiration and power in our lives. We are made full by grace in Christ. Where this grace is, there is true peace and blessing. God's grace is, above all else, the spiritual driving force that drives the life of the saints, and is the most practical blessing that the saints experience. Furthermore, God's grace is the only factor that sustains the Christian community. * Application questions. 1) People say that they received grace when they were moved by the Word on a daily basis. What does it mean? 2) We wish God's grace in everything. Be sure to receive the benediction and move forward to a place of grace. When that grace came into me, what was the change and growth that appeared to me? 3) When grace comes, eyes are opened and hearts are opened. Are you praying for your neighbor to be favored? What can you do?

Conclusion: Let us all serve and work together to become faithful builders of the kingdom of God, shining like stars in the sky (Dan. 12:3). Amen!

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 18 명
  • 오늘 방문자 385 명
  • 어제 방문자 2,460 명
  • 최대 방문자 4,790 명
  • 전체 방문자 1,172,057 명
  • 전체 게시물 2,807 개
  • 전체 회원수 9 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand