EM 말씀

Col. 3:12-14, Enjoy the Christ <Scripture & Sermon Summary…

관리자 0 539 2023.03.09 06:43
Col. 3:12-14, Enjoy the Christ          <Scripture & Sermon Summary>
12-14,
12.Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
13.Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
14.And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

<Sermon Summary>
  Those whom God has chosen must tolerate and forgive each other as the Lord is holy, loved, and forgiven. In the Lord, we must add love to all of these with mercy, kindness, meekness, humility, longsuffering, mutual forbearance, and mutual forgiveness, and unite in the bond of love that binds us as one.

1. What is the identity of the new man? (12-13)
  As God's chosen ones, they are holy, loved and forgiven. 1) We are the ones who were chosen as children of God before the foundation of the world. 2) We are holy people who resemble the holy Lord. 3) We are those who are loved by God enough to give His only begotten Son for us. 4) We are the ones forgiven by God through the blood of the cross. God wants us to know our identity, to be revealed on this earth through our existence and life, and to do His work.

2. Then, what kind of clothes should our saints wear? (12-14)
  Our saints must kill the members of the earth, fornication, uncleanness, lust, evil lust, and covetousness (idolatry). And all the deeds of the old man, namely, anger and anger, malice and slander, shameful words and lies of the mouth must be put off. On the other hand, killing and stripping is not an easy task. We must burn them with the Word, the Holy Spirit, and the precious blood of Jesus. On the other hand, it must be filled with the good qualities of Jesus. The goal of the new person is no one. It is our Savior Jesus Christ.

We must empty the filth that is in us. It is important to empty it, but it must be filled with beautiful things. Jesus told a parable about a man possessed by an unclean spirit. An unclean spirit that had been tormenting one person had gone out. After traveling all over the world, he had nowhere else to stay, so he returned to the owner, and the house was clean and empty. Then the ghost comes in with seven more evil ghost friends. Then, it became worse than the previous situation (Matthew 12:43-45). It is important to send demons to us, but it must not become a spiritual vacuum inside us, but must be filled with the heart of Jesus Christ. Augustine said. ‘Darkness does not exist separately. there is no light Evil does not exist separately. To have no righteousness is evil. Yes, rather than trying to drive out sinful hearts such as dirty desires and malice in us. First, when I place goodness within myself and contain God's word of light, the evil things automatically recede. Do not try not to hate. Just try to love with the love of Jesus. It is not easy to keep God's word and do it. Rather than trying not to disobey the word of God, decide to obey the word with joy. Rather than trying to drive my darkness, try to take Jesus Christ, the light, as the owner of my heart. Then, before I know it, I will see that heaven has been formed in my heart. Therefore, we must always be filled with the Holy Spirit. Then, what are the characteristics of Jesus Christ that we need to fill in our hearts? 1) Compassion, 2) Mercy 3) Humility 4) Gentleness 5) Long-suffering 5) Mutual tolerance 6) Mutual forgiveness 7) Love (bond of unity).

1) Compassion: Compassion is sympathy for the feelings of others. Luke 1:78, 'because of the mercy of our God.'
 2) Mercy: It refers to kindness and leads people to repentance. Rom.2:4, Or do you despise the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance? Rom.11:22, Therefore behold the kindness and severity of God; there is severity for those who stumble; if you remain in God's kindness, His kindness will be with you; otherwise, you too will be cut down. Luke 10:31, Parable of the Good Samaritan, ‘Who is the neighbor of the man who was attacked by robbers?’ The answer is ‘The one who had mercy on him.’ The Good Samaritan took pity on the man who was attacked by robbers and took care of him. He is the one who did mercy.

3) Meekness: Not being angry with unfair criticism, the meekness of Christ (Matt. 11:29) is an example (2 Cor.10:1, I am docile toward you when I am face to face, and I am bold toward you when I am away. Paul is now the meekness of Christ. and tolerantly exhort you). This is the attitude to take when dealing with not only non-Christians (Phil.4:5, Titus 3:2), but fellow Christians who have sinned (1 Cor.4:21, Gal.6:1-2, 2Tim. 2:25, Admonish the disobedient with gentleness) Perhaps God will grant them repentance so that they may know the truth).
  4) Humility: This is the basic attitude of Jesus and his teachings. It is a heart that does not have a high mind toward people lower than you, but rather a heart that wants to be lower than them, and a heart that always obeys even higher people. Philippians 2:3, Do nothing out of strife or vainglory, but in humility let each one esteem others better than himself.

5) Long-suffering: It is a waiting heart for those who do not repent. Love, Jesus is always long-suffering. He endures until the day the Lord comes again. That's why the saints say to be patient for a long time. Prov.14:29, Those who are slow to anger have great understanding, but those who are impatient show foolishness. 2 Peter3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some consider slowness, but the Lord is patient with you, not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance.
  6) Mutual acceptance: It is the mind to acknowledge and accept the other person as they are.

7) Mutual Forgiveness: Since we have been forgiven by the Lord first, it is proper to forgive each other (covering other people's faults). Mt.6:14,15, 14.If you forgive people their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you their trespasses. 15. If you do not forgive people their trespasses, your Father will not forgive you. Lord's Prayer. Mt.6:12, Forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who trespass against us. While Jesus prayed in agony in the Garden of Gethsemane, his disciples fell asleep without joining in prayer. The Lord forgave them. How? “It could be.’’ (Mrs. Ahn Yi-sook). Even when he died on the cross, he forgave those who harmed him. Luke 23:34, Then Jesus said to them, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." Acts 7:60, Stephen also forgave the cruel people who killed him by throwing stones at him. He knelt down and called out with a loud voice, saying, Lord, do not lay this sin on them. We need to live a more forgiving life. “Unforgiveness is like cutting off one's own bridge.” Because there will always be times when we need to be forgiven. The first step to forbearing and forgiving each other is to deeply meditate on the Lord's forgiveness and discipleship.

8) Love: Nothing without love. Love is the bond that binds us together in Jesus. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3. 4-7, 1.If I speak in tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I am a sounding brass and a clanging cymbal. If I have faith, but do not have love, I am nothing.
    All of these are the character of Christ, and believers in Jesus live a changed life with the character of Christ and the character of Christ's clothing. Today, we will have to live with the character of Jesus. Have a blessed day today as you mature with a heart that tolerates and forgives each other and a loving heart with the love of Jesus. What character traits should I adopt befitting my status as a child of God? Instead of trying to throw away negative thoughts, try to be filled with God's good character. Paul, who knew this secret, is actively recommending it.

Dear fellow believers, we who believe in Jesus are new people. As God's chosen, holy, beloved, and forgiven, the compassion and kindness of Jesus, humility and meekness, longsuffering, forbearance, and forgiveness, to all of these plus love, the bond of love that binds perfectly. May you live as a person of the blessed Lord. Amen.

Comments