EM 말씀

Col.3:1-4, Keep minding & seeking things above <Scripture and Sermo…

관리자 0 526 2023.02.19 12:34
Col.3:1-4, Keep minding & seeking things above <Scripture and Sermon Summary>

1-4
1.Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

<Sermon Summary>

I, who believes in Jesus, am a man of the earth and a man of the heaven. This is because the body lives on earth, but by believing in Jesus and being raised together with Christ, we have become citizens of heaven (Phil.3:20, But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ). Then, how should the people of heaven live?

1. Keep minding & seeking things above(1,2)

1-2, 1.Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2.Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
  Do you really believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and God? Then you have eternal life. We are raised together with Christ (1) and live the life of resurrection. My life has changed and I have become a new creation (2 Cor.5:17, Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!). ‘Keep minding & seeking things above.’(1,2) This is the present address of the people of heaven. Mt.6:33, But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  “Seek first the kingdom and its righteousness” and live a blessed life.

2. Know your identity before God(1-4).

Who am I, a believer in Jesus? The text says four things.
1) Those who were resurrected(resurrection experience) with Christ (1, Paul-Acts 9).

2) The crucified (3, For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God). The one crucified against the old self, the world, sin, and greed.

3) The one in heaven (3). My life is hidden in God with Christ at the right hand of God and protected from the forces of evil. So we can confess like a poet of Hymn 94. “There is nothing more precious (wealth, honor, happiness, pleasure, boasting) than the Lord Jesus.”

4) The one who will appear again in glory (4, When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory). At the Second Coming of Jesus, I, who believe in Jesus, will also become a person who resembles the glorious Christ. 1 John 3:2, “... But we know that when Christ appears(Second Coming), we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.” Phil.3:21, “who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.”
  We confess the Apostles' Creed. Jesus Christ is the key of it.
 “I believe in His only Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin Mary (Incarnation), suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified and died (Suffering), rose from the dead on the third day (Resurrection), ascended into heaven and is at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. He sits in heaven (Ascension), and from there comes to judge the living and the dead (Second coming).

The cross, resurrection, ascension, and second coming of Jesus are all for my sake!’ Even though I am humble, shallow, and full of mistakes and faults, God sees my glorious appearance.
 Is.43:4, “Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life.” God says to us. ”You are my treasure, honor, love.”

My children are my children regardless of their score. We love and like it when our children study well and get 100 points. However, if you make mistakes or do not study hard and get 60 points, you will be scolded and hated. However, even if you get 100 points, you are my child, and even if you get 60 points, you are my child. Here's a twenty dollar bill. These bills are still $20 in pristine condition. It's 20 bucks even if it's crumpled once. Even if it is crumpled twice, three times, or a hundred times, it is 20 dollars. God recognizes and evaluates me as a child, the same as yesterday and today. Being my Creator, my God, He looks at me and loves me. If they did well, they praised them more, and if they did poorly, they encouraged them to repent and stand up anew.

Dear fellow believers, we all became people of heaven by believing in Jesus. I pray in the name of the Lord that we all have the identity of those who have been crucified, those who have been resurrected, those who are in heaven, and those who will appear again in glory, and live honorably as people of heaven for the sake of the Lord, His kingdom, and His righteousness. Amen.

(Prayer) God who made us sinners of the world into citizens of heaven, have pity on us who only look at the earth, clinging to earthly things. Now, look only at Jesus, the Creator and Redeemer, help me to become a person of heaven and a noble citizen who lives fulfilling the kingdom and its righteousness. Amen.

Comments