EM 말씀

Col. 2:16-23, Grow with connecting JC, the Head <Scripture & Sermon…

관리자 0 607 2023.02.12 16:20
Col. 2:16-23, Grow with connecting JC, the Head <Scripture & Sermon Summary>
2:16-23,
 16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.
 19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.
 20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:
 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”?
 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings.
 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

<Sermon Summary>

What makes us happy? How can you enjoy true freedom? He tells us to get away from the three wrong standards in a negative way and hold on to Jesus Christ, who is only the Head. What are the three? How can I hold on to the essence and live?

1. Live with grace instead of legalism (16)
    Verse 16, 17, Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
  But these are only shadows of the future. The body (substance or essence) is Christ (17). Hebrews 10:1, Since the law is only a shadow of the good things to come and not the true form, the same sacrifices offered year after year cannot always make those who come forward perfect. Therefore, we must live by grace only, not by law.
    Gal.5:4, You who seek to be justified by the law have been severed from Christ; you have fallen from grace. What do you mean? See Gal.5:1,2. “Christ set us free; therefore, stand firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery. 2 Behold, I, Paul, say to you, if you are circumcised, Christ will do you no good.” Christ will be of no benefit to you! Yes. If we are bound by legalism, all the riches, power, mercy, and services that Christ came to us as grace and cared for us will be of no benefit. The merit of the cross of the Lord is of no avail to me. If you think that you are righteous by keeping the law, you will not need grace. That grace can no longer do me any good. “Severed from Christ and fallen from grace.” From then on, who should take responsibility for all their lives? If the grace of Christ is blocked, then my actions stand before God's judgment. But who can overcome sin? Who can escape God's judgment? Who can keep all the laws? In the end, we have no choice but to be condemned. The work of grace and the event of redemption through the coming of Christ have nothing to do with me.
    Saints, how heavy is the burden of life? How hard is it? How painful is it? In other words, those who are bound by legalism have a heavy and arduous life, work hard for the Lord, serve, and be loyal, but their hearts are always in the middle of a heavy yoke. A dark spirit possesses him. why? Because you are cut off from Christ and fall from grace. Mt.11:28, Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden. I will give you rest. I pray that you will be freed from heavy legalism and enjoy true rest and only God's grace in Jesus Christ.
  Jews think that by keeping the law, humans can become righteous and come closer to God. They are instructed to observe the seasons, such as food laws and the Sabbath. Let's not establish our own righteousness or boast about it. I pray that you will be freed from heavy legalism and enjoy rest and grace only in Jesus Christ.

2. Live by the word of revelation instead of mysticism (18)

Mysticism emphasizes subjective experience. Of course, this is in Christ, but never regard it as such. The Christian faith begins with the Bible (God's special revelation), the Word of God. Let's value God's word of life and live through it.
  18 Let no one condemn you for your pretended humility and worship of angels, relying on what he has seen, vainly exaggerating according to his carnal mind.            Mysticism vainly exaggerates subjective experience. One of them is angel worship. How can a human being, a sinner, meet God directly? Since this is arrogance, it is said that meeting God through angels is humble and right. and worship the angels This is false humility, which is clearly sinful. Therefore, let's not lose the Lord's prize by worshiping this angel, but let's live centered on Christ, the Head. We must have a sound faith that puts more emphasis on God's standard of revelation, the Bible. I pray that you will lead a life of faith centered only on the Head, Jesus Christ, within the Word of God, who is life.

3. Instead of asceticism (21), hold on to Jesus, the Head, and live (19)
    At that time, there was a heresy called Gnosticism. They insisted that the body be unclean and should be celibate. But abstinence cannot keep holiness. It is said not to handle, taste, or touch (21, “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”?), but you must only follow Christ. The way we live is to hold on to Jesus Christ, the Head (19, They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow). I hope you can unite with him to obtain spiritual supply and reach the riches of Christ (Grow and be mature).

Dear saints, how can we be spiritually rich and strong? It is not legalism (self-boasting), mysticism (emphasis on experience), or asceticism (wrong holiness). You only need to hold on to Jesus Christ, the Creator and Redeemer, as your Head. No matter what the reality of our lives is, let's look at Jesus Christ who died on the cross for us, was resurrected, and is alive. I bless you to acknowledge the authority of the Head, Jesus Christ, and obey the instructions to become saints who wear a glorious crown.
  1 Cor.3:14,15, 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.;
  Rev.3:11, I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown).

Jesus Christ is our Creator, Redeemer, and Head. In Jesus Christ, there is salvation, the fullness of divinity, and the completion of redemptive history. He is our only way, truth, life, and hope. We all must believe in Jesus to receive eternal life and salvation. However, I hope that you will not only be saved shamefully, but will be able to dictate the Lord's praise, reward, and glorious crown. Amen.

Comments