EM 말씀

Col.2:10-15, The way to enjoy the fullness of Christ <Scripture and…

관리자 0 581 2023.02.05 12:31
Col.2:10-15, The way to enjoy the fullness of Christ <Scripture and Sermon Summary>
8-15
8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.
9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.
11 In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ,
12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,
14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.
15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

<Sermon Summary>
  Jesus Christ is the fullness of God (9, For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form), and He gave that fullness to us who believe in Jesus (10, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority). But we live without enjoying the fullness. How can I enjoy this fullness? He says three things.
1. Receive Christ’s circumcision(Consciousness of consecration for God’s people) in your heart (11)
v.11, In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ.
Dt.30:6,The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live,
Jer.4:4, Circumcise yourselves to the Lord, circumcise your hearts, you people of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, or my wrath will flare up and burn like fire because of the evil you have done—burn with no one to quench it.
Eze. 36:26, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
  Circumcision is not done by hand, but by taking off the body of the flesh and becoming a covenant people (Gn.17:9-10, 9 Then God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised). From now on, we must have the consciousness of consecration as 'God's holy people' (Saints, 1:2, To God’s holy people in Colossae, the faithful brothers and sisters* in Christ). Ephe.1:13, When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit. I bless all of us to receive the circumcision of Christ and live with the consciousness of consecration as the people of God.

2. Be baptized with Christ (12a)
12a, having been buried with him in baptism
  We believers must receive spiritual baptism united by faith in Jesus Christ. Resurrection means that the old self is crucified with Jesus by being immersed in the water and dies, and then comes back to life with a new life by coming up out of the water. Baptism is when we died and were buried together on the cross of the Lord, and we turn completely to the new Lord, Jesus (true repentance, Gal.2:20, I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me). Jesus was also baptized, and he asked his disciples to baptize them (Mt.3:16,28:19). He was baptized and made to drink of one Spirit (1 Cor.12:13, For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.). May we all die to sin by being baptized with the Lord and live in a new life saved by union with Christ (Rom.10:9, If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved).

3. Live with resurrection faith (12b-15)
  12b, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
  We believed in Jesus and were 'raised together' and resurrected. This is to live according to the order of Christ's new life. This resurrection faith revives us who are dead in sin. He forgave all our sins through faith in Jesus (13), erased them, took them away, and crucified them (14). The Lord won the victory by the cross (15). Now the articles of the law do not bind us. Let's live by the faith of this cross and resurrection. Even if you fail now and feel shabby, don't despair. Stop being oppressed and exploited. This is resurrection faith.
  I am poor, but Christ is rich. I am weak, but the Lord is strong. I lived a powerless life, but our Lord lived a life of authority and power. Jesus Christ declared this to us on the cross. “You are also made full in him” (10). Still we say “Lord, I am still poor. I am still miserable.” But that's okay. why? It is because our Lord has overcome and won. Because I am in Christ, I enjoy the benefits together. This is the gospel and eternal life.
  The giver of our life is God. Let us have a holiness consciousness as the people of God. Let us live believing that we died to sin through baptism and were resurrected as righteous children of God. We left God and died because of our sins and uncircumcision of the flesh, but God raised us together with Jesus, forgave all our sins, nailed us to the cross, and overcame devil by the cross (12-15). Jesus did it all. He will surely give us victory. Jehovah Nissi, Jesus Victory, My Victory! May we all enjoy the fullness and wealth in Jesus, our Lord and Head. Amen.

Comments