EM 말씀

Col.1:24-29, The servant of the Gospel

관리자 0 550 2023.01.15 13:29
Col.1:24-29, The servant of the Gospel

1-23-29,
23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.
24 Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.
25 I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness—
26 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people.
27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
28 He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ.
29 To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me.

Jesus Christ is the good news for us, the gospel. We are also servants of the gospel (23) and servants of his body, the church (24). Through today's Word, let us be used as gospel servants for the church like Paul in prison.

1. Servants of the gospel must suffer and labor (24,29).

Servants of the gospel must rejoice in suffering and labor for Christ, and must fill the remaining sufferings of Christ in His body, the church (24). Christ “finished” redemption by suffering on the cross for us (Jn.19:30, When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit).
  Then, what are his remaining sufferings that we have to endure? This is to spread Christ and build up His body, the church. Let us all endure hardships with joy for this.
  Like Paul, let's boast about 'labor in childbirthfor church' (Gal. 4:19, My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you) and tremendous sufferings (2 Cor.11:23–28, 23 Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. 24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, 26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. 27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 28 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches).
 1 Peter 4:13-14, 13 But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. (Rejoice in participating in His suffering).
  Let us all work hard as church servants and gospel servants, filling up what is left of the sufferings of Christ.

2. The purpose of gospel servants(25,28).

V.25, We must fulfill God's Word as servants of the Gospel. So, in the new year, we must read the Bible, listen to, meditate on, and apply the word of God diligently, so that our souls are enriched. And we will have to diligently convey this word to our family and neighbors and make them read and apply diligently and live.
  V.28. Also, we must stand as the perfect, i.e., mature people in Christ. The word 'perfect' here does not mean '100% complete' or 'perfect'. It refers to spiritual maturity, becoming a spiritual adult, and becoming like Christ.
    How do we do this? 1) We preach Christ (28). We strongly proclaim the gospel, the incarnation, crucifixion, death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ.
  2) We recommend each person (28). We counsel and help them accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Hope. 3) We teach each person (28). This is how we train each one of them through simple, repeated, and continuous discipleship with the gospel. We must first be trained as disciples of Jesus, and by training our neighbors in this way, the kingdom of God must expand. Mt.28:19, 20, 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. will always be together. We are all trained as disciples of Jesus, and blessed to be used as servants of the gospel who train neighbors as his disciples. 

3. The contents of the ministry of the gospel servants(26,27).

The gospel servants announce the mystery of God, Jesus Christ, and the abundance of the hope of glory. The life of heaven has been communicated to us in abundance through Jesus as the mystery. Therefore, we who believe in and follow the Lord become the sons of God (Rev. 21:6-7, 6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children) and reign forever with Jesus Christ, the King of kings, in the eternal new heaven and new earth (Heaven) (Rev. 22:5, There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever).
  Jesus, the mystery, is full of abundance. By believing in Jesus, we became citizens of heaven and became the body of Christ, the one who builds His temple (Ephe.2:18-22, ). I hope that all of us will enjoy and spread the riches of Jesus as servants of the gospel and church.

Dear fellow believers, we are called as gospel servants and church workers.
 1) Let us suffer and labor for Christ (24,29). 2) Let us fulfill the word of God, stand as a mature person in Christ, and convey the word of the Lord and maturity to our neighbors. 3) As His servant, I pray in the name of the Lord that we may enjoy in Jesus Christ, God’s mystery, and know the abundance of the hope of glory. 1
  Cor.15:10, But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. Everything is only by the grace of God. Amen.

Comments