EM 말씀

Dan 9:20-27, 70 Sevens’ Vision(Text and Sermon Summary)

관리자 0 726 2022.11.06 08:33
Dan 9:20-27, 70 Sevens’ Vision(Text and Sermon Summary)

20-27, 20 While I was speaking and praying, confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel and making my request to the Lord my God for his holy hill—
21 while I was still in prayer, Gabriel, the man I had seen in the earlier vision, came to me in swift flight about the time of the evening sacrifice.
22 He instructed me and said to me, “Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding.
23 As soon as you began to pray, a word went out, which I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed. Therefore, consider the word and understand the vision:
24 “Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish§ transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.
25 “Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven ‘sevens,’ and sixty-two ‘sevens.’ It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble.
26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.
27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

After Daniel fasted and mourned and repented of the sins of himself and the people (3-19), he received prayers answered and a vision (prophecy) of 70 weeks. Let's realize its meaning and apply it as the word given to us today.

1. God always answers to our prayers (20-23).
  Like Daniel, when we repent and pray, God responds quickly. God is ready to answer Daniel when he prays, when he asks, and as soon as he starts praying (20, 21, 23). The angel calls Daniel, who received wisdom and understanding in response to prayer, “the one who has received great favor from the Lord” (23). It is grace in itself that we bow down before God and pray (23). Phil. 4:6,7, 6. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God 7. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, may be found in your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus will keep.  If we also bow down to the Lord every day and pray, then we are greatly favored by the Lord. Are you kneeling before the Lord and praying?

2. The 70 Sevens’ Vision (24-27, prophecy)

Chapters 7 and 8 showed the history of the world to the end. Babylon – Medes/Persia – Greek Empire – Roman Empire – Nations – Little Horn (Antichrist). However, the text shows us to the end of the world from the point of view of the history of redemption. 7 weeks - 62 weeks - 1 week. After 7 weeks the anointed (Messiah) comes and the city is rebuilt (25), but after 62 weeks he is slain (Crucifixion, 26). A king's people (eg Roman Titus and his army) will come and destroy the castle (26). The city of Jerusalem will be destroyed. This is a foreshadowing of the destruction of the whole world and of mankind. And in the last half of the week (three and a half years), the Antichrist will ban worship and force idolatry (27).
  But all my sins were taken away (24, three things) by Jesus dying on the cross instead of me. 1) All faults have been removed. 2) He took away all sins. 3) All sins are forgiven. How grateful are you? He also fully restored righteousness with God (24, justification, three). That is, 1) eternal righteousness was revealed, 2) visions and prophecies were fulfilled, 3) the Most Holy One (Messiah) was anointed. He will come again as the king of kings in the new heaven and new earth (Rev. 19:16, There is a name written on his clothes and his legs, which is said to be King of kings and Lord of lords), and he will establish a perfect heaven, New Jerusalem. Then our sins, tears, pain, sickness and pain will all disappear. Rev. 21:4, He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will there be mourning or crying or pain anymore, for the first things have passed away. So we will enjoy the bliss thanks to Jesus Christ, the King of Heaven, for eternity. Therefore, thank you for this, and like Daniel and his three friends, we must walk with the Lord in a strong faith life. Do you admit that your sins have been taken away on the cross of Jesus and that you have gained the righteousness of God?

3. Let me apply.

How will we live at this time when the evils of the world increase? The time will come when the Antichrist will come into power and make a covenant with unbelievers, forbid the worship of God, place abominations in the holy temple and force idolatry, and severely persecute those who do not participate in it ( Mt.24:15, 2 Thess. 2:4, Rev.11-13, 666 mark of the beast, great tribulation). There are still problems in this world, and there is pain and suffering, so my heart is frustrated. Don't just look at this. Let's look to the reign of Jesus Christ, the President of the kingdom of heaven, and live (Hebrews 12:2, Let's look to Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith. For the joy that was set before him, he endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God).    The kingdom of heaven began with the first coming of Jesus and will be completed with the second coming. When the Lord reigns over me, peace comes to my heart. Peace comes to the home, the church, and the world. Whatever the circumstances,

We must be ruled by Jesus, the President of Heaven. We who believe in Jesus as our Savior are the people of heaven and citizens of the kingdom of God. We are freed from all sins and set free, and as God's people by the grace of the Lord, we will have to fight sin and live strong and boldly. Armed with the Word, prayer, and great faith, as a bride who is well-prepared until the day when the Lord comes again, let me die in the Holy Spirit, the Word, and the cross of Jesus, and live a confident and passionate life of faith. Amen.

Comments