EM 말씀

Rev.20:7-15 The Last Judgment (The great white throne judgment) and Ho…

관리자 0 984 2022.06.12 13:48
Rev.20:7-15 The Last Judgment (The great white throne judgment) and Hope in it.

7-15,
7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

(Sermon Summary)
(Last week) 1-3, before the Millennium Kingdom: The devil will be imprisoned in the abyss for a thousand years.
4-6, Millennial Kingdom(reign): The resurrected saints reign with Christ for a thousand years.
 * The devil is in control now. Watch and pray and resist the devil (1 Peter 5:8, 9).
 * The true saints are 1) those who testified to Jesus and were beheaded for the word of God (martyrs). Let's diligently preach Jesus and know the word of God. 2) Those who do not receive the mark of the beast and do not worship beasts and images. Is there no idol of mine?
 * Dan. 12:2,3: Let's lead many people to righteousness and live as saints who shine forever like the stars in the heaven. Today, let's listen to verses 7-15 about after the millennial kingdom, the last judgment and hope.

1. Things after the Millennium Kingdom (7-10)
 1) The devil is temporarily set from the abyss (prison) (7)
 2) The devil deceives all nations and many people participate in war (8, the war of Gog and Magog, Eze. chs. 38, 39).
 3) The allied forces of devil surround God's people (9).
 4) Fire comes down from heaven and devours them(9, 2 Kings 1:10, 12, Eze. 38:22, 39:6, I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in safety in the coastlands, and they will know that I am the Lord).
 5) The devil is caught and thrown into the eternal lake of fire (10, Mt.25:41, “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels).
 * God's one-sided victory, therefore do not be afraid, only have faith.

2. The Great White Throne Judgment(11-15) and Hope in the Judgment.
  There is the final judgment on mankind (11; Heb.9:27, Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment). There are two kinds of books before the judgment throne. One is the book of life, others are the books of works.
 1) The true saints (those whose names are written in the book of life, 4, 12, 1Jn. 5:11,12, 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life; Phil.4:3, ... along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life) will go into a new heaven and a earth(eternal heaven). This is the most joyful thing(Lk. 10:20, However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven”).
 2) All unbelievers will be resurrected for judgment(Jn. 5:29), and according to their works recorded in the books of works, they will enter the lake of fire as the second death, that is, eternal judgment(14-15, Mt.13:42, They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth). There is hope in this dreadful final judgment. Since we are all sinners, no one can be saved by our works. Only through faith in Jesus, who is the way, the truth, and the life (Jn.14:6; Acts 4:12) (Rom.3:20, 28, Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin; For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law).

Do you truly believe and love God and Jesus? Will you be faithful to the Lord to the end of the world? Those who overcome the devil, the world, sins will not receive the second death and will enter the eternal kingdom of heaven. Therefore, prepare well to meet the Lord who will come again, serve the Lord faithfully with fear and trembling until the end (Phil.2:12, Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling), do your best to save your neighbors, and receive the Lord's reward (Rev.22:16, “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. Phil.3:14, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus). I pray that you will become blessed saints. Amen.

Comments