EM 말씀

Dt. 5:16, Ephe. 6:1-3, Honor your parents.

관리자 0 955 2022.05.08 14:29
Dt. 5:16, Ephe. 6:1-3, Honor your parents.

Today is Mother’s Day(Parents’ Day). Let's listen to the word of the Lord and apply it with gratitude for the grace of our parents. What is parental honor? What are the Lord's blessings to those who honor parents?
 Ephe.6:2-3, “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”
 Ex.20:12, “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.”
 Dt.5:16, “Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you.”
 Honoring for parents is an unchanging command of Jehovah God that transcends time.

1. Be obedient in the Lord(Eph.6:1, Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right).
  There are conditions, standards and limits. Obey your parents' words 'in the Lord'. Isaac, Joseph, and David obeyed their parents. Jesus obeyed His mother. There are conditions. Obey in the Lord.

2. Honor your parents. 'Honor' means 'to treat seriously, to cherish'. King Solomon honored his mother. 1 Kings 2:19, When Bathsheba went to King Solomon to speak to him for Adonijah, the king stood up to meet her, bowed down to her and sat down on his throne. He had a throne brought for the king’s mother, and she sat down at his right hand.

1) Do not underestimate your parents. Proverbs 23:22, Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.
 2) Heed your parents. 3) Honoring for parents is to cover their faults. Noah's sons. Ham: Shem and Japheth (Genesis 9:23, But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it across their shoulders; then they walked in backward and covered their father’s naked body. Their faces were turned the other way so that they would not see their father naked).

3. Why should we honor our parents?
 1) Honoring for parents is the measure of faith to fear the Lord.
 Leviticus 19:3, Each of you must respect your mother and father, and you must observe my Sabbaths. I am the Lord your God. Parents are God's representatives on this earth.
 2) My parents are the source of my life on this earth.
 Lev 20:9, Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.
 Deuteronomy 27:16, Cursed is anyone who dishonors their father or mother.”

3) Honoring parents is the first commandment with promise. Ephesians 6:2, Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise.

4. What is God's blessing to those who honor them? Ephesians 6:3, “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”
 Deuteronomy 5:16, “Your life may be long and you will be blessed.”
5. When should we honor? Right now. Parents should be honored while they are still alive.

<Parents’ grace> *Verses 2 and 3 are revised.
 1) Forgetting all the pain when she bore me, Trying  day  and  night  to  raise me well. Laying me on a good seat, not a bad one. ’Till her hands & feet wore out she toiled for me. Under the sky, what can be wide? Mother’s sacrifice is endless.
 2) Enduring troubles and pains, caring day and night. Trying heart, teasing & teasing, crying. Till her hands wore she protected me. Lord God, give her your favor to live in your peace all her life.
 3) one hundred hope in my heart, only one hope. in mom’s, she prayed lest I do not get disappointed. Mother’s love to give me courage, Lord God, give her your favor to live in your peace all her life.

Conclusion:
Let's all repent for not honoring our parents, respect, honor, obey, and cover their faults now. I pray that you will become witnesses of the Lord who experience the promised blessings of heaven and earth. Amen.

Comments