EM 말씀

Rev. 15:1-8, The song of the overcomer

관리자 0 879 2022.04.03 15:43
Rev. 15:1-8, The song of the overcomer

1-8
1. I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues—last, because with them God’s wrath is completed.
2 And I saw what looked like a sea of glass glowing with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and its image and over the number of its name. They held harps given them by God
3 and sang the song of God’s servant Moses and of the Lamb: “Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the nations.
4 Who will not fear you, Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy.
All nations will come and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed.”
5 After this I looked, and I saw in heaven the temple—that is, the tabernacle of the covenant law—and it was opened.
6 Out of the temple came the seven angels with the seven plagues. They were dressed in clean, shining linen and wore golden sashes around their chests.
7 Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls filled with the wrath of God, who lives for ever and ever.
8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from his power, and no one could enter the temple until the seven plagues of the seven angels were completed

Summary of Sermon
Rev.15:1 and Chapter 16 deal with the seven bowl plagues. Chapter 15 is the preparation process, and Chapter 16 is the actual appearance.
Verse 1, John sees “another great and strange sign.” A reversal begins. God judges the world of sin with wrath, but God's people save and reward.
Then, two visions are shown. The first vision is verses 2-4, the praise of the saints (victors) who have passed the great tribulation.
Verse 2, they stand before the ‘sea of ​​glass mixed with fire’. It is a picture of going through the great tribulation. They suffered great tribulation because they did not worship the beast and did not receive the mark of the beast(666), but they passed it. It is the song of victory sung by Israel from Egypt across the Red Sea(The song of Moses, Ex. 15:1-18), the song of the Lamb sung by the saints who have overcome the world and evil (3-4).
*Ex 15:1-3, 6, 11, 17-18, 1 Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the Lord: “I will sing to the Lord, for he is highly exalted. Both horse and driver he has hurled into the sea. 2 “The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him. 3 The Lord is a warrior; the Lord is his name. 6 Your right hand, Lord, was majestic in power. Your right hand, Lord, shattered the enemy. 11,Who among the gods is like you, Lord? Who is like you—majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? 17,18, You will bring them in and plant them on the mountain of your inheritance—the place, Lord, you made for your dwelling, the sanctuary, Lord, your hands established.” 18 “The Lord reigns for ever and ever.”
1) The Lord God Almighty is great and wonderful(3).
2) King of all nations, Your ways are righteous and true(3).
3) Fear and glorify the holy name of the Lord. All nations will worship you(4). They glorify God 100% and praise God 100%.

Verses 5-8, The second vision is the opening of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven. How glorious and beautiful the heavenly temple is! Heb. 8:5, “They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”
The temple on this earth is only a shadow of the heavenly temple. The word of the Lord is fulfilled. The seven angels were dressed in clean, shining linen and wore golden sashes around their chests. We will be like this too.
Verses 7 and 8, the seven angels receive one bowl of plagues. Smoke fills the temple, symbolizing the presence and glory of God. The seven plagues cannot be turned back by the sovereignty of God alone. The last time is the time of God's wrath. The opportunity for salvation passes. God is long-suffering, but not forever. But now is the time of grace. 2 Corinthians 6:2, “For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.”

I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation. We all need to save our time and work hard to save souls.
Saints, how should we stand? Do not be afraid of tribulation and persecution, but fight with faith and perseverance (13:10, 14:12) and sing the song of victory.
*13:10, “ ... This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of God’s people.” *14:12, “This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.”

Believe that the person who laughs last is the true winner, and pray for victory by preaching the gospel of Jesus with patience and faith until the end. Amen.

Comments