EM 말씀

Rev.14:14-20, The last two harvests

관리자 0 922 2022.03.28 00:25
Rev.14:14-20, The last two harvests

14:14-20,
14. I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one "like a son of man" with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand.
15. Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, "Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe."
16. So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.
17.Another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle.
18. Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, "Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth's vine, because its grapes are ripe."
19. The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God's wrath.
20. They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses' bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.

Summary of Sermon, 3/27/2022

“Church, prepare for the Second Coming of the Lord.”
 The US Coast Guard's motto is ‘Semper Paratus’ (Always Ready). “We're always ready for the call.” Let us always prepare for the Lord's calling, the Second Coming, and live. Last week, we heard the words of Rv. 14:1~13. The characteristics of the 144,000 (both saints Old and New Testaments) saints praising in heaven are 1) chastity 2) absolute obedience to Jesus, 3) the elect of God, 4) not lying like the Satan, and 5) without blemish. Let us also wake up and receive the Lord's reward as believers who obey the Lord.

Today at 14:14-20 come the last two harvests of mankind. There are a grain harvest and grape-clusters (weeds or chaffs) harvest. Those who follow the Lamb (the saints) will receive salvation (14-16, New Jerusalem), but those who follow the beast will be judged by clusters of grapes (17-20, Lake of Fire and sulfur). See
Lk.3:17. “Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.”

1. Harvest of the wheat (sheep, fine fish) (vv. 14-16)

Sitting there sat the Son of Man (Jesus Christ), with a golden crown on his head, and with a sharp sickle in his hand. He saves the grain believers  (saints). The grains are ripe and it is time to harvest. The Lord takes his people wherever they are. Is.41:9, “I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you.”
Jn. 6:39, “And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.” Let's all live as grain saints who harvest those who will be saved.

2. The harvest of grape clusters (the wicked) (17-20).

It is the harvest of wrath against chaffs, goats, and bad fish. The grapes are ripe. The time of judgment is fulfilled, and people will be judged by God's wrath. Outside the city of New Jerusalem, the winepress was trampled on, and blood spurted up to the horeses’ bridles, and spread over 1,600 stadia (300 km). Unbelievers are punished outside the city (the lake of fire and sulfur, hell) 21:27, “Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.”
The blood of this judge is astonishing as it is a horse's bridle (1.5 m, high) and spans 320 km (about 200 miles north-south in Israel). It means the perfect judgment of the unbelieving world.

God will perform two harvests in the last moments of the earth. It is the harvest of grain and the harvest of grapes. The grain harvest is the harvest of salvation that saves our believers who believe in Jesus and leads them to heaven. However, the judgment of the cluster of grapes is the eternal judgment of the wicked(unbelivers) who do not believe in the Lord, the judgment of hell. Until then, there are two kinds of people in the world. At the end of the day, it is divided The cluster of grapes and the wicked (weeds) will be gathered first and will be thrown into hellfire. But the grain (wheat) will go into the barn (new heavens and new earth, new Jerusalem) (Matthew 13:30). It will be an accurate and stern salvation and judgment with no error. In God's time, eschatological salvation and eschatological judgment will be fulfilled without fail. What we need to do before this is all the blessed saints who believe well in Jesus Christ, who shed His blood and died for us, keep patience and faith until the end by relying on His Word, and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to our neighbors and prepare for the Lord’s return. bless you.
Dan 12:3, “Those who are wise[a] will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.”  Amen.

Comments