EM 말씀

Rev. 14:1-13, The Saints who sing a new song,

관리자 0 901 2022.03.21 00:23
Rev. 14:1-13, The Saints who sing a new song,

1-13, 1.Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads.
2. And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps.
3. And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.
4. These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.
5. No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.
6. Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth--to every nation, tribe, language and people.
7. He said in a loud voice, "Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water."
8. A second angel followed and said, "Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great, which made all the nations drink the maddening wine of her adulteries."
9. A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand,
10. he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.
11. And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name."
12. This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.
13. Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.“

Summary of Sermon
1. Verses 1-5, the saved people singing 144,000 new songs
 There are 144,000 people (1,7:4) standing on Mount Zion (Heaven) like the Lamb (Jesus Christ) and praising with a new song (1). These (12X12X103) are all the saints (us) who have been saved in the Old and New Testament times. See 7:3-4, 3. "Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God." 4. Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel. They praise God with a loud and beautiful voice (2). They sing a new song praising the grace and emotion of salvation (3, eg, #305, ‘Amazing grace, how sweet the sound!). God preserved them in the midst of tribulation.
What are their 5 characteristics (4-5)?
  1) Chastity (a holy soldier, a pure bride of Jesus, fidelity of faith), 2 Cor.11:2, “I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.” 2) Absolute obedience (to the Lamb's guidance), Ruth 1:16,17. “16.But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.
17.Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. 3) God's chosen possessions (those who belong to the Lord as the firstfruits), Ex. 13:2. 4) Not lying (rejecting false prophets), Ps.15:1-2. “1.LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill? 2.He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart.” 5) He is without blemish (those who have been washed with the blood of Jesus).
*Are you a saved people who have been washed with the blood of Jesus?
*Are you living in absolute obedience to the Lord while singing a new song?

2. Verses 6-13, The proclamation of the three angels (the triumph of faith).

1) The first flying angel is an angel with the eternal gospel and urges us to fear, glorify and worship God (6,7). This is the essence of our life. What is Westminster Great Catechism Question 1? This is the biggest question for those of us who believe in Jesus. “What is man's first and highest end?” The answer is, “It is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever.” This is the purpose God created us for. May we all glorify God and live happily ever after. Ps. 32:11. Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!

2) The second angel announces the destruction of Babylon the Great (8). At that time, Babylon, Rome, would also be destroyed. Today, even evil cities and evil civilizations will perish.

3) The third angel pronounces judgment on the wicked who have received the mark of the beast (9-12). The wicked drink the wine of wrath and are tormented with fire and sulfur (10). He finds no rest day and night, and suffers forever (11). Therefore, we believers must keep God's commandments and faith in Jesus and live with patience (12). It is foolish for us to escape from tribulation for a while and then face eternal tribulation. If we keep our faith, we will be blessed at the time of our death and will rest from our toil. The saved saints are those who have been sealed by God. Ephe.1:13. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit. Because of this grace, they do not compromise with the world, keep the fidelity of their faith with patience, and follow the Lord completely. 13:10. “... This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.”

I pray that all of us will know the identity of the saved saints, boldly preach the Lord as those who belong to God and the Lamb, and become all the saints who are rewarded. Amen.

Comments