EM 말씀

Rev 11:1-14 The two witnesses, warriors reversed case

관리자 0 952 2022.02.20 15:04
Rev 11:1-14 The two witnesses, warriors reversed case

Scripture, Rev. 11:1-14.
1. I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, "Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count the worshipers there.
2. But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.
3. And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth."
4.These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.
5. If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die.
6. These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.
7. Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them.
8. Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.
9. For three and a half days men from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial.
10. The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.
11. But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them.
12. Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, "Come up here." And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.
13. At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14. The second woe has passed; the third woe is coming soon.

Last Sunday, we learned from the Book of Revelation 10. Rev 10:8-11 tells us to take the scroll, eat it, and prophesy again about many peoples, nations, languages and kings. Did you take the Word of God and tell others last week?
Today, let us listen to God’s voice through Rev 11 and live according to His purpose.

Verses 1-2 say, “I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.” A reed like a measuring rod is used to measure the temple of God and the worshippers. Measuring symbolizes protection. God protects His temple, the altar and its worshipers, His saints, His church, and its essence. God instructs to exclude the outer court. Isaiah 1:12 says, “When you come to appear before me, who has asked this of you, this trampling of my courts?” The outer court refers to the church members that trample God’s courts, those who only step on His courts externally. God is saying that He will not protect those. In Matthew 13:24-30, Jesus told the parable of the weeds. At the time of harvest, He will collect the weeds, tie them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat and bring it into His barn. He protects the wheat. If we believe in Jesus, spread the Gospel, tell others about His Kingdom, and live with faith, God will protect us in the midst of hardship and trouble. But if we do not live right according to His commands, we will not receive God’s protection. It is written, “They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.” The tribulation of church will last for 42 months and the Lord will lift up His church and helps them.

Verses 3-4 say, “And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.” Two witnesses are the two olive trees and the two lampstands, the church. God appoints His two witnesses, gives them authority to preach God’s Word. We are Jesus’ witnesses. We must tell others about Jesus, shine His light as His lampstand, and call for repentance, clothed in sackcloth. Church exists to evangelize, to spread the Gospel. Church is the last hope in this generation.

Verses 5-6 say, “If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.” The Lord gives the two witnesses authority and power. Acts 1:8 says, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Jeremiah 23:29 says, “Is not my word like fire,” declares the Lord, “and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces? We preach God’s Word with His power of the Holy Spirit. God’s Word is like fire, like a hammer. The Lord gave Elijah the power of prayer. 2 Kings 1:10 shows Elijah answering the captain, “If I am a man of God, may fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty men!” Then fire fell from heaven and consumed the captain and his men.” He sent fire from heaven and shut the heaven and there were neither dew nor rain for few years except (1Kings 17:1, James 5:17). God gave Moses the power of His Word. Exodus 7-12 shows that God struck the Egyptians with ten plagues (Exodus 7:17-21) Pray, read God’s Word, receive the power of the Holy Spirit and serve Him as His witness.

Verses 7-10 say, “Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified. For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.” When the two witnesses finish their testimony, the beast come up, attack them and kill them. They will be killed like Jesus was killed. Their bodies will lie in the public square of the city for three days. They will be humiliated and ashamed. But the world will celebrate their death with festivals and exchange gifts. Today, Satan tries to interfere with God’s ministry of sharing His Word and prayer. He tries to humiliate and mock church, and kill them. But we must not fear death, instead continue to spread the Gospel and give glory to the Lord.

Verses 11-14 say, “But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on. At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven. The second woe has passed; the third woe is coming soon.” God lifts them up, gives them the breath of life and takes them to heaven. Ezekiel 37:5, 11 also shows what the LORD said to the bones, “I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.” Church walks the path the Lord walked, suffering, death, resurrection, and ascension. There was a severe earthquake, a tenth of the city collapsed, 7,000 people were killed. The Lord brings His complete judgment. Then, people were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven. God is a warrior who overturns the situation. Those who follow the Lord are also His witnesses and warriors.

Dear Saints, in our lives of faith, there will be trouble, but remember Jesus’ suffering and His glory. Enter through the narrow door, choose narrow path, and follow the Lord. He will protects us and gives us victory. Through the Holy Spirit, God’s Word, prayer, receive His power and be His witness. Do not lose heart in any circumstances. Proclaim the Word of God boldly. Be victors at last. 1 Cor 15:58 writes, “Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord s not in vain.” Amen.

Comments