EM 말씀

Revelation 7: 9-17, The festival in heaven

관리자 0 1,106 2022.01.16 08:31
Sermon Summary.                        January 16. 2022.

Revelation 7: 9-17 The Festival in the Heaven (The Great Multitude in White Robes)

9.After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
10.And they cried out in a loud voice: "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."
11.All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,
12.saying: "Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!"
13.Then one of the elders asked me, "These in white robes - who are they, and where did they come from?"
14.I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15.Therefore, "they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them.
  16.Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat.
17.For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

The Festival in the Heaven
    There are great and small tribulations in life. But abundant blessings are promised to those who pass through it. The Book of Revelation speaks of the great tribulation of the saints, but it also shows wonderful hope. Abundant blessings are given to the saints who have come out of the great tribulation. Romans 8:18 writes,
“I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”

1. Vv. 9-10, Look at the great multitude in white robes.
The apostle John sees a great multitude when he was exiled to Patmos Island (9). They were wearing white robes (holy victory). And they were holding palm branches (victory and resurrection) in their hands to praise God. They cried out in a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb” (10). Their sins are washed away by the blood of the Lamb. They are our saints today.

2. Vv. 11-12, The angels’ praise
All the angels worshipped God, saying, “Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!”
Hymn #258-5,  When this poor lisping, stamm'ring tongue Lies silent in the grave, Then in a nobler, sweeter song, I'll sing Thy pow'r to save: I'll sing Thy pow'r to save, I'll sing Thy pow'r to save; Then in a nobler, sweeter song, I'll sing Thy pow'r to save. Amen.
3. Vv. 13-14 who are those in white robes?
  They have come out of the great tribulation, they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Churches overcome the tribulation!

4. Vv. 15-17, Great reward for those who have come out of the great tribulation
1) They will serve God day and night in the temple (15, 21:3, Ps.84:10).
  21:3, And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
  Ps. 84:10, Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

2) Never again will they hunger, thirst, or hurt (16, Is.49:10).
  Is. 49:10, They will neither hunger nor thirst, nor will the desert heat or the sun beat upon them. He who has compassion on them will guide them and lead them beside springs of water.

3) The Shepherd, the Lamb leads us to springs of living water (17, Ps. 23: 2).
 Ps. 23:1,2, The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 2.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,

4) God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

<Questions>
* Did you wash in the blood of the Lamb? Are you dressed in white and carrying palm branches?
* Do you praise the Lord for salvation?

<Prayer>
  Lord, we know the saints endure suffering, hunger and thirst on earth.  But we thank You that You will wipe away every tear from our eyes and look forward to a glorious future to worship You in the temple of heaven. We thank you for your grace. You cleanse us from all sin by the blood of Jesus and place us in heaven. Help us overcome and endure in times of suffering, we give you praise forever. Amen.

Comments