EM 말씀

Rev. 2:8-11, 3:14-22, Church, prepare for the second coming of Christ

관리자 0 1,121 2021.11.28 11:34
Rev. 2:8-11, 3:14-22, Church, prepare for the second coming of Christ

Today, we summarize the words Jesus gives to the seven churches in the province of Asia.
These are the words of Jesus to the seven churches (today, Jesus gives the revelation to us)

-To the church in Ephesus/ Restore the love you had at first/I will give the right to eat from the tree of life

-To the church in Smyrna/ Be faithful, even to the point of death/The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.

-To the church in Pergamum/ Throw away the teaching of Balaam that lead to the worship of idols and sexual immorality/I will give the person a white stone with a new name written on it.

-To the church in Thyatira/ Flee from the woman Jezebel, her teaching, and Satan’s so-called deep secrets, hold on to what you have and keep serving the Lord/I will give authority over the nations, that one will rule them with an iron scepter and I will also give that one the morning star.

-To the church in Sardis/ You have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead/You will be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father.

-To the church in Philadelphia/ You have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown/I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. I will write on them the name of my God, the new Jerusalem, my new name.

-To the church in Laodicea/ Open the door, you are lukewarm, be hot/Buy from me gold refined in the fire, white clothes to wear/I will give the right to sit with me on my throne and fellowship with the Lord.

What did Jesus commend and rebuked the seven churches for? Jesus commended, encouraged, and rebuked them for the quality of their love, life, faith, perseverance, and the Words. It was about the quality, not quality. What are we concerned about?
What kind of rewards does the Lord give to the churches? It is the fruit from the tree of life, the hidden manna, the book of life, a white stone, crown, the morning star, throne, these have to do with heaven, eternal life, and Jesus. Pursue the eternal things and prepare for the second coming of Christ. Philippians 3:7 says, “But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.” What do these messages to the seven churches have in common?

1. “I know your deeds.” (2;2,3,9,19,3:1,8,15)
  The Lord commends our spiritual life. He knows our deeds, love, faith, service, and perseverance. He knows our trouble, hardship, and He knows where we live, where Satan has his throne. He also knows that we have a reputation of being alive, but we are dead. He knows that we have little strength, yet we serve faithfully. He knows about our lukewarm faith. Pay attention to the Lord’s praise, encouragement, rebuke, and repent and be renewed in faith victoriously.

2. “Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” (2:7,11, 17,29,3:6,13,22)
  Do you live and listen with ears that hear the words of Jesus? Luke 8:8 says, “Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown.” When he said this, he called out, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.” Matthew 13:13, 16 says, “This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand…But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.” Proverbs 20:12 writes, “Ears that hear and eyes that see—the Lord has made them both.” God, open our eyes and help us listen to your Word and put it into practice. What must we do to listen to God’s Word well? 1) Pay attention to the one who proclaims God’s Word 2) Keep listening to God’s Word

3. God will bless the one who is victorious (2:7,11,17,26,3:5,12,21).
  We fight the enemy, Satan, battle with ourselves, sin and the world in life. We must win the battle. The Holy Spirit who is with us will help us. Be devoted to the Lord and serve faithfully until the end. God will help us to be victorious. Until the day of the Lord, tell others about Jesus’ return and eternal life and live as His noble saints. Amen.

Comments