EM 말씀

Rev.3:7-13, I'll make a pillar of the temple and write on them God's n…

관리자 0 1,141 2021.11.14 11:33
Revelation 3:7-13, I will make a pillar in the temple of my God and write on them the name of my God (Church in Philadelphia)

So far, we have heard the words of Jesus given to six churches. ‘Ephesians-First love-Fruit of the tree of life.’ ‘Smyrna Church-Loyalty to death, crown of life.’ ‘Pergamum-If you abandon idolatry, I’ll give you a manna and white stone (Heaven entry ticket).’ Thyatira-If you give up heresy, I’ll give you iron scepter and the Morning Star. Sardis - If you repent, I’ll give you your white robe and confess your name. Laodicea - Believe fervently, buy white robes and eye drops - We will sit together on the throne of the Lord.Today, let's listen to the message given to the last Philadelphia church (13). What does Jesus look like? Verse 7, He is holy and true, having the key of David (absolute sovereignty of salvation) - who opens and no one closes, and shuts and no one opens. He has the sovereignty of the Messianic Kingdom. Salvation is only with Jesus.

1. Jesus commends their obedience with little power and not betrayal (8,10).

8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.1) ‘the open door’ means the door of salvation to enter the kingdom of heaven. John 10:7 writes, “Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep.” 2) It means an open door to spread the Gospel. 1 Corinthians 16:9 says, “because a great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me.” How did all the doors open? The reason is that they were a small church, but they kept their faith and did not betray. The world praises the great and the strong, but the Lord works in the weak. Look at Moses. He was called a murderer, fugitive, when he was called, he was a shepherd in the wilderness for 40 years. So is Joseph. The Lord made the weak and made him the Prime Minister. Blessed are those who are humbled and walk with God. Jesus came to this earth as a lowly and poor man. Matthew 13:54, 55 shows that when Jesus came to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed where he got this wisdom and these miraculous powers. They knew he was the carpenter’s son. His disciples were also weak and lowly. Paul also called when he was weak. Weakness is ability. Let's live as the abbreviation who confesses, "Without the Lord, nothing can be done."
The Philadelphia Church, the weakest church, was praised by Jesus because it kept the faith with little power and did not betray Jesus. The Lord doesn't see how great you are. Have little faith, but are you obedient and faithful to God? see this Please open the door of salvation and evangelism with the help of the Lord.

2. The Lord promises some rewards (9-12)

1) The Jews who were persecuted will yield. Verse 9 says, “I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.” 2) He will protect you from the last tribulation. Verse 10 says, “Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.” In the midst of calamity, God protects the saints and makes them able to overcome tribulation.
3) He makes him a pillar of the temple. Verse 12 says, “The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.” He who overcomes becomes a pillar in the temple of God and makes him secure. 4) Write the name of the Lord. Verse 12 mentions “the name of God and Jesus, and the name of the New Jerusalem.” Belonging to God and Jesus means being a citizen of Jerusalem. It is a great honor and a thrill.

3. Jesus tells him to hold fast what he has and preserve his crown(11).
1) A crown is prepared for them. Verse 11, says, “I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.” But the devil is attacking to take the crown. Guard the faith and preserve the crown. A crown has already been prepared for them. 2) Satan will do everything he can to take away this crown.

Brothers and sisters, let's pray to the Lord that we are all small, but that we may live serving Him to the end. Pray that the church will not miss the open door of evangelism. Although it is a small ability, let us pray that we will be able to live by holding on to the Lord and not betraying the Lord until the end with great obedience. So, let us pray that we will be protected from trials and tribulations, and that our lives will become pillars of the temple. I pray that you will receive the names of God and Jesus and be blessed and honorable saints who wear a shining crown as citizens of heaven. Amen.

Comments