EM 말씀

Rev.1:1-8, Servant of the Word of God, look to Jesus who is to come.

관리자 0 1,261 2021.09.26 10:46
Rev.1:1-8, Servant of the Word of God, look to Jesus who is to come.

God created everything through His Word. Genesis 1 repeatedly says, “And God said,” In the beginning God created everything. John 1:1 says, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” The Word is God, the Son of God, Jesus Christ. All Scripture is inspired and written by the Holy Spirit. He teaches us all things and reminds us of everything. 2 Timothy 3:16 writes, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” John 14:26 writes, “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” We believe in Triune God, one God existing in three Persons, God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. As a servant of God’s Word, we must read His Word and obey His Word. We can understand God’s Word in redemptive-historical perspective, Creation (Genesis 1-2), The Fall (Genesis 3-Revelation20), Redemption (The Cross of Jesus Christ), and Completion (Revelation 21-22, New Creation).

The Book of Revelation is the last book of the Bible. It highlights salvation, redemption, completion of a new heaven and a new earth, and restoration of Eden. It is one of the difficult books to understand. As a servant of God’s Word, His priest, and pure bride, we should understand this book correctly and be prepared as we wait for His return.

1. Take to heart what is written in the Word of God (1-3)

Revelation 1:1-2 write, “The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.” The Book of Revelation is the revelation from Jesus Christ. He reveals what was previously hidden, not known or realized. John testified to everything he saw and wrote his vision of Christ on a scroll. Jeremiah 15:16 says, “When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, Lord God Almighty.” Let us also read the words, hear it, eat it and take to heart what is written in it. There are disasters, wars, beasts, and terrifying revelations in this book. However, its messages comforts, consoles, and encourages the saints, believers of Jesus, who face fear, anxiety, trouble, and persecution in this world. Revelation 22:7 says, “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.” Romans 8:18 writes, “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.” Jeremiah 5:11 says, “The people of Israel and the people of Judah have been utterly unfaithful to me,” declares the Lord.” Let us also read His Word and keep His Word.

2. Church in the midst of suffering, look to the glory of Jesus Christ (4-6)

Our Lord sends letters of comfort, consolation to the seven churches in the province of Asia in the midst of afflictions and persecution. In verse 4, John introduces triune God, who is, and who was, and who is to come. The Lord instructs John to write on a scroll what he sees and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea. Verses 4-6 write, “John, to the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.” Our triune God is eternal and the Holy Spirit is perfect. Isaiah 11:2 writes, “The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD.” Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. He died on the cross for our sins and resurrected as the king of kings. We must fight the good fight like a good soldier of Christ Jesus as written in 2 Timothy 2:3, “Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.” 1 Timothy 1:18 writes, “Timothy, my son, I am giving you this command in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by recalling them you may fight the battle well.” 1 Timothy 6:12 charges, “Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” We must fight the good spiritual fight of the faith. We are like a ship that follows Jesus the King. Let us fight the battle well, see a victory, and look to His glory in the midst of hardship.

3. Look to Jesus who is to come (7-8)

Revelation 1:7-8 write, “Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him”; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.” So shall it be! Amen.8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Jesus will come with the clouds. Jesus came to the world to save the world 2,000 years ago. He was born as a baby in a manger in Bethlehem on a silent night. However, when Jesus returns, every eye will see him, all peoples on earth will see Him who comes in glory and might. Revelation 19:11 says, “I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war.” Colossians 3:1-2 tells us, “Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.” Let us set our hearts on things above. The Lord God is the Alpha and Omega, the Almighty God, the ruler of everything. No matter what we go through, if we dwell in Christ, we have hope in Him. Let us not fix our eyes eyes on problems, or circumstances, instead look to the Lord God.

Dear Saints, God has called us as servants of the Word of God. Read and keep His Word. Stand firm in His Word even in difficult times and look to Jesus, who will return in glory. Look to the LORD who has called us as a kingdom of priests and a holy nation and live as servants of the Word of God. Amen.

Comments