EM 말씀

Isaiah 43:1-7, I will be with you

관리자 0 1,300 2021.08.15 08:36
Isaiah 43:1-7, I will be with you

In the past few days during dawn prayer, I thought about what the greatest blessing might be. Is it money? Fame? Health? The greatest blessing is being with God. Isaiah 43:2-5 speak, “I am with you.” God is with us. May this blessing rest in us.

What did the Israelites face at the time? They lived in exile during the Babylonian captivity. They lost their homeland and they were forced to live in the foreign land. They could not worship. Let us be thankful that we can worship God freely today.

Who is God, who is with us? What is He like?

1. God is our creator (1).
  He created everything from nothing. He formed and made everyone (7). Look at God’s beautiful creation. All creation, including us belongs to God. God created us (1). The Israelites were destroyed in ruins in a humanistic point of view. Their nation was finished. But like Isaiah 64:8 says, “Yet you, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand,” God forms and makes again. He is our Father and potter.

2. God is our perfect protector (2).
  The Israelites crossed the Red Sea, which God had turned it into dry land. They crossed the Jordan River when it was at flood stage on dry ground. Daniel’s three friends were kept safe and rescued from the blazing furnace (Daniel 3). God protected them perfectly. God protects us when we pass through the waters, when we pass through the rivers, and even when we walk through the fire. God helps us grow mature and shine bright.

3. God is our Redeemer (3,4).
  God gave Egypt for the Israelites’ ransom, Cush and Seba for them and redeemed them. In order to rescue Israel, God destroyed 900 chariots of the Canaan army that oppressed the Israelites in Judges 4. The greatest price He paid for us is with the precious blood of Jesus. Through His blood, we are saved and receive salvation and eternal life. God has the power and authority to protect us from disasters of pandemic and save us from death.

How does God who is with us see us?
  We are precious and honored in His sight because He loves us (4). Let us proclaim this over us and be confident in Him.

God who is with us also speaks and comforts us,
  “Do not fear, do not be afraid.” The greatest enemy that comes against us when we do God’s work is fear. We will always face troubles and hardships in our lives, whether it is small or great. But do not fear. Do not be afraid. God is with us. In Acts 18:9-10, the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.” God reminded Paul that He is with him. In all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Isaiah 41:10 is one of the most popular verse. It says, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Read this verse everyday and meditate on it.

God forms and molds us even today. God shapes and cultivates us to be who He made us to be through suffering, failure, pain, and problem.

God brings His children from the east and gather from the west (5,6).
  God calls His people from all direction, from the east, the west, the south, the north, and from the ends of the earth. God calls us for this mission and be His witness. Jesus said in Acts 1:8, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

So how should we live (7)? God created us for His purpose, to live for His glory, tell others about Him, and spread the Good News. I pray that we will be highly esteemed, God’s precious treasures in His kingdom. Amen!

Comments