EM 말씀

Isaiah 40:26-31 Are you weary and tired?

관리자 0 1,534 2021.06.27 21:46
Isaiah 40:26-31 Are you weary and tired?

Today’s Word comforts and encourages us when we are weary and tired. Life is tough. There are times we fall because we feel burdened and weary. I pray that God’s Word will speak to you today and bring comfort and healing.

1. Why are we weary and tired? (27)

Isaiah 40:27 tells us that Jews complained in the midst of suffering during the Babylonian captivity. They said, “My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God.” They doubted God. What was the result of their doubt and unbelief? They grew tired and weary. They did not hope that things would get better. All their hope was gone. Elijah also felt hopeless and exhausted. What about us? Do we complain because we grew tired and weary? How can we overcome that?

2. We must know God for who He really is (26, 28-30).

God reveals that we must know Him for who He really is in verses 26-31. God who is the Creator od the ends of the earth knows all our pain and suffering. He does not grow tired or weary. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. It is not enough to just know this knowledge. What must we do?

3. Put our hope in the LORD (31).

Verse 31 says, “but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and now grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” This is beautiful truth from God’s Word. We must put our hope in the LORD in order to renew our strength. Putting our hope in the LORD means believing that in all things God will work for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose until the end. And we need to stay connected to God in our personal relationship with Him. Think about Him. Meditate on Him. Call on Him, “LORD! God almighty!” Pray even if it’s for short time. Meditate on each day’s God’s Word. Our Good God will be with us always and renew our strength.

1) God’s strength will help us soar on wings like eagles (31).
  God’s strength is supernatural and amazing. Isaiah 40:31 tells us that when God renews their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles. Psalm 103:5 also says, “who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” An eagle can soar vertically up to 5000m. When it seems like that there is no way to take either right or left, look above. Isaiah 55:9 says, “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

2) We will run and not grow weary (31).
  Have you run recently? We get tired after running. In the same way, in our lives, we get tired after working hard. Elijah also grew tired after serving the LORD zealously. When he put his hope in the LORD, 2 Kings 19 shows that God came to his rescue.

3) We will walk and not be faint (31).
  Elijah was able to travel forty days and forty nights until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God because God provided him strength. When we life up our eyes and look to Him, we will have victory like Elijah did. When we put our hope in the LORD, He will renew our strength. Hope in the LORD and wait on Him. God is the Creator who takes care of us and provides everything for us. He is almighty and sovereign God. Run toward the finish line. God will renew our strength and we will soar like eagles. We will run and not grow weary. We will walk and not be faint. I pray that God will fill us with His power so we may live victoriously by His infinite strength and share wonderful testimony before our LORD. Amen.

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 31 명
  • 오늘 방문자 1,366 명
  • 어제 방문자 2,151 명
  • 최대 방문자 4,790 명
  • 전체 방문자 1,202,009 명
  • 전체 게시물 2,818 개
  • 전체 회원수 9 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand