EM 말씀

Jn.19:25-27, Eph.6:1-3 Blessed Filial Piety (How painful he is)

관리자 0 1,474 2021.05.09 14:52
Jn.19:25-27, Eph.6:1-3 Blessed Filial Piety (How painful he is)

Filiality in the Lord is part of a life of faith where blessings, longevity, and peace are given.
* The testimony of Miss Jihwan Yu, who was rescued in 13 days (1995) during the collapse of Samfung Department Store in Seoul, Korea: "For 13 days, I remembered my mother's usual words to me, 'Never give up hope.'

The text of The Gospel of John shows Jesus' filial piety on his mother, Mary. He did  filial piety on God the Father and his fleshly mother. 1) Jesus honored his mother on the cross, calling her a 'woman' (Greek gunai, the noble mother) even in the despair of death (19:26). 2) He instilled pride in her, saying, 'Your Son.' How broken was Mary, because of Jesus' suffering and crucifixion? But this word would have healed Mary from pains. 3) "Behold, your mother," and Jesus asked John to take care of his mother(19:27). Jesus set an example of parental honoring to us. *A Humor - “Take care of our mother continually.” 

1. Obey your mother (1, Prov. 23:22). Obey and please her to whom gave us life and love. 2. Support her well. Take good care of her old age with gratitude for her grace, and give her comfort and encouragement. 3. Honor her in the Lord(1). Believe in Jesus well with your mother. This is the best fiality. Look at Ruth's example (Ruth 1:16,17; 4:13-17,21,22) - She honored to her mother-in-law, became an ancestor of King David and the Messiah.  What blessings are given to those who honor our mother? (6:3, Prov.3:1,2) 1. Long life. 2. All may go well. 3. Enjoying peace. *Dead Elder Kim, Yong-gi, the former principle of Canaan Agricultural Movement School, was blessed because of fiality. 

We all, like Jesus, honor our mother to enjoy longevity, well-being, peace, heaven, and eternal life. amen.

Comments