EM 말씀

Matthew 26:57-68, Behold Christ, the King of sufferings

관리자 0 1,487 2021.03.28 08:45
Matthew 26:57-68, Behold Christ, The King of sufferings

Mt. 26:57-68,
57.Those who had arrested Jesus took him to Caiaphas, the high priest, where the teachers of the law and the elders had assembled. 58.But Peter followed him at a distance, right up to the courtyard of the high priest. He entered and sat down with the guards to see the outcome. 59.The chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for false evidence against Jesus so that they could put him to death. 60.But they did not find any, though many false witnesses came forward. Finally two came forward 61.and declared, "This fellow said, `I am able to destroy the temple of God and rebuild it in three days.'" 62.Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?" 63.But Jesus remained silent. The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God." 64."Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven." 65.Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, "He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66.What do you think?" "He is worthy of death," they answered. 67.Then they spit in his face and struck him with their fists. Others slapped him 68.and said, "Prophesy to us, Christ. Who hit you?“

There are those who suffer for no reason in the United States. Asians are shot dead or assaulted. It truly hurts my heart. 2,000 years ago, Jesus, the king and Christ, was suffered no fault. This text deals with his afflictions. The high priest and Jewish leaders gathered in the middle of the night (57) and proceeded to an injustice trial to death Jesus, who was arrested. They use false witnesses (59-60) and threaten the Lord and interrogate him. How does Jesus treat this suffering of injustice?

1. Jesus is silent on falsehood and threats (60-63, John 2:19, 1 Pet. 2:22,23)
John 2:19, Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."
1 Pet. 2:22,23, 22."He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth." 23.When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.

The two witnesses falsely testified that 'Jesus can destroy this temple and make it in three days.' He said that Jesus himself, who was temple, would be resurrected in three days of his death. The innocent Lord was quietly afflicted. It is good for us to be silent about the lies and intimidation of the world and to live with the Lord.

2. Jesus declares truth, his identity, (63-65, Dan. 12:13, Ps.110:1)
Dan. 12:13, "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.
Ps.110:1, The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.“

The high priest asked, "Are you the Christ the Son of God? Jesus acknowledged it and proclaimed that he will die but be resurrected, sit at the right of God, and come again as the King and the Judge of the world. We must also live by confessing and saying that the Lord is my Savior, my King.

3. Jesus suffered for us (65-68, 1 Pet. 2:24, Is. 53:5).
1 Pet. 2:24, He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.
Is. 53:5, But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

Now Jesus is sentenced to death for blasphemy against God and is distressed. The Lord was spit on his face and is ridiculed for their fists and palms. For what? Only to forgive our sins. What would this Lord want from us now? Behold Christ, the King of these afflictions. When people falsely harass us in the world, we had better to be silent, proclaim the truth of Jesus Christ, take up the cross of suffering, and follow the Lord. We believe in the Lord who shed blood on the cross for us and bless you to live that life. Amen!

Comments