EM 말씀

Mark 8:27-38, The Way of the Blessed Disciples (Beyond Suffering to He…

관리자 0 1,697 2021.02.28 07:58
Mark 8:27-38, The Way of the Blessed Disciples (Beyond Suffering to Heavenly Glory)

Bible Mark 8:27-38
 27.Jesus and his disciples went on to the villages around Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked them, "Who do people say I am?"
28.They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets."
29."But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ."
30.Jesus warned them not to tell anyone about him.
31.He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again.
32.He spoke plainly about this, and Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.
33.But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. "Get behind me, Satan!" he said. "You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."
34.Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
35.For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.
36.What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?
37.Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?
38.If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels.“

People think of God in various ways. Watchers, fatherly minutes, perfect minutes, helpless one, etc. What is the blessed path of the Blessed Disciples?

1. Make a right confession. Who is Jesus? 
  Jesus asks to them, "Who do people say I am?"
  People confess Jesus as John the Baptist, Elijah, or one of the prophets. They thought Him as a great person in the world. "But what about you?" He asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ."
But Jesus is not a great person but the Messiah (Christ), the Son of God (Divinity) (29). He is my Savior, my God!

2. Seek the right work, the work of Jesus (31,33).

Jesus' work is to suffer many afflictions, be abandoned, die on the cross, and to be resurrected in three days. Peter was rebuked by the Lord for not understanding it. He thought only man’s work (to be liberated from Rome) and did not think of God's work (salvation of mankind by the cross). Do you seek your work now? Or do you seek Jesus' work?

3. Follow the Right Path: Deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Him. Live your life for the Lord (34-35).

Jesus says discipleship. Who is His disciple? Disciple must deny himself, take up his cross, risk his life, and follow Jesus for the Lord and the gospel. Jesus says, “What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?” 
 * <Cross is a glory> a missionary’s testimony, “The cross itself is glory.” Parents –in-law did not believe in Jesus. The missionary's wife became severely ill. But they were led to believe in Jesus. He did not consider the cross itself a glory. But he learned that the place of the cross where his wife suffers from illness is the place of glory. Yes. The cross is a glory.     

Prayer/
  God who called us, thank you for believing and confessing the Lord as the Christ and the Son of the living God. I want to put down my greed and expectations, take up my cross I have been given, and follow the path of the Lord's suffering. I want to give the rest of my life, my heart, and my offering for the Lord and the gospel. Please let me know the cross as glory, and realize the Lord's unlimited love. Use my life as a pathway to the gospel that possesses eternal life and heaven and lead neighbors to the Lord. Let us all live as blessed children of the God, looking at this eternal life and glory. In name of Jesus. Amen.

Comments