EM 말씀

2 Pet. 3:13-18, New Year's Wishes

관리자 0 1,700 2021.01.03 12:12
2 Pet. 3:13-18, New Year's Wishes   

13-18, 13.But in keeping with His promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. 14.So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15.Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16.He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. 17.Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. 18.But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

The new year, 2021 has begun. Listen to the New Year's wishes in today's text.

1. Look to the heaven and live holy (13,14).

Verses 13, 14, "... Look to a new heaven and a new earth. ... Make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him." See verse 11. If there is a spot or blemish, it cannot be a sacrifice to God (Lev. 22:20). Let us live to be a holy blessing to God.
2. Complete salvation with fear (15-17, Phil. 2:12).

Verses 15-17, "15...See that the long-suffering of the Lord will be salvation... Keep yourself well and be careful not to fall from Christ, truth, and salvation.
Phil. 2:12, “Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed -- not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence -- continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.”

3. Continue to grow in grace and knowledge in the Lord and savior Jesus Christ (18). 

18, "Keep growing up only in the grace of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and in the knowledge that knows me." "Keep growing up" means "do not stop day by day, but continue to grow." God's children must also keep growing up. The faith journey is like being on a treadmill, so you have to keep running. Keep growing up in the grace of the Lord and Savior Jesus (John 1:16). In addition, the knowledge of the Savior and the Savior", or personal relationship with God, must continue to grow. To do this, we must work on daily worship, prayer and preaching (Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:8).

In 2021, I pray that in the new year we will look only at the Lord and the nation of God, resemble the Holy Spirit of the Lord, and become a blessed Saint who grows day by day with the grace and knowledge of the Lord and Savior, Jesus. Amen.

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 44 명
  • 오늘 방문자 2,098 명
  • 어제 방문자 2,085 명
  • 최대 방문자 4,790 명
  • 전체 방문자 1,171,310 명
  • 전체 게시물 2,807 개
  • 전체 회원수 9 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand