EM 말씀

Matt. 25:14-30, 1 Cor. 4:1-2, Fruit of Faithfulness (Message of the Ta…

관리자 0 1,851 2020.10.25 10:59
Matt. 25:14-30, 1 Cor. 4:1-2, Fruit of Faithfulness (Message of the Talent Parable)

14-30,
 14 "Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his property to them. 15 To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16 The man who had received the five talents went at once and put his money to work and gained five more. 17 So also, the one with the two talents gained two more. 18 But the man who had received the one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money. 19 "After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received the five talents brought the other five. `Master,' he said, `you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.' 21 "His master replied, `Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!' 22 "The man with the two talents also came. `Master,' he said, `you entrusted me with two talents; see, I have gained two more.' 23 "His master replied, `Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!' 24 "Then the man who had received the one talent came. `Master,' he said, `I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.' 26 "His master replied, `You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest. 28 "`Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has the ten talents. 29 For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.‘

*Bishop Polylcarp's Fafulness, 'The faithful God has never denied me for 86 years. How can I deny The King of kings God/Jesus?

Gospel Song, ♪God never farsake me♪ (Verse 1, God has never let me down/ He Always kept me with fairness and grace/Reframe: O faithful Lord, O faithful Lord/ “I will not leave you/ I will not forsake you”/ I am sure that the Promised Lord will keep me foever/ V.2, Years of Eternity/ I have no touch of any lord.

* The loyalty of professor Chen Dreika (University of Chicago) that two students (Cheline Yang and Chungdo Lira) received the Nobel Prize in Physics. Faithfulness (G, Pistis) is 'faithful lying in charge of God's work'

1. We are God's manager, steward, or worker.

1) God has ‘entrusted’ us. (14, 21, 23). We have to be 'faithful to God' (1 Cor. 4:2)
 2) We 'received' everything from God(16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 29).
*God is the Lord in our all things, we usually know that our health, money, children, life is ours. But we know they are not ours in the time of tribulation. *Testimony of a non-christian female professor –she is wealthy, good family, doctor, her husband is wonderful, But her only daughter suffers from unexplained illness. She couldn't heal her illness. Doctor, money, good family are worthless. By the way a certain Kwansa  knows it, go to her, sympathize, comfort, pray for her. She was healed surprisingly. The Kwansa repent for her arrogance and believe in God, she acknowledges that the Lord is everything in life.

3) Jesus will settle accounts with us 'long after' for all that we have done (19): Live with eschatological faith (We, the world). Jesus will come back (The Second Coming). And He will come back and settle accounts with us for all our work. So, be faithful with considering that day  and that today may be my last. 

2. Be loyal to small things (21, 23).
Five, two talents, 1 talent are great money, 1 talent is about $600,000, even small for the Lord.
*Jimmy Carter's loyalty: the former President Jimmy Carter (39th, 1977-81, 1924-2020 present). "He was probably the only president that the White House was not purposeful!" as a Sunday School teacher (1977-2020) at Maranata Baptist Church in rural Plains, Georgia. "The work of teacher is never smaller than the president's job." <Occupation and calling>

The praise and reward for the five talents, the two talents, each five talents, and two talents are the same.
1) Three compliments: "Well Done!" (2) "Good servant!", (3) "Faithful servant!".
2) Two rewards: (1) A lot (big) thing to you (if five talents are small, the big thing is colossal!) I will leave it to you. (2) Participate in the pleasures of your master, God (eternal glory of heaven/kingdom, joy, eternal life possession, participation in the Lamb wedding feast, etc.). 

3. Be Diligent in God’s things (24-30)

Overcome Laziness. 1) "wicked, lazy, and futile servant" (26,30): Be busy and diligent in God's Work. Rom. 12:11, “Be diligent, not lazy, but eager and serve the Lord.” (Don't be busy with your own work.) Mt. 6:33, ‘first seek the kingdom of God and its righteousness.’
2) Remain faithfulness until death (Rv. 2:10, Crown of Life): Smyrna Church. “Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer.... Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.”

*Prov. 25:13 (Like the coolness of snow at harvest time is a trustworthy messenger to those who send him; he refreshes the spirit of his masters). Are you a servant faithful to God or a lazy servant? Did God's attention be faithful to the end, whether it was a great thing or even a smaller one?

* Genghis Khan's reward for the Tartans: Genghis Khan had a few people who believed he would be emperor and was loyal to him to the end. He called them ‘tartan’. As soon as he became emperor, he granted them the following privileges: "First, you can enter the king's house at any time without anyone's permission. Second, after the war, you can pick the best of the booty first. Third, taxes are exempt. Fourth, even if you commit a crime that falls to death, you can be forgiven up to nine times. Fifth, you can have as many lands as you want to have in my kingdom. Sixth, these rights can lead to the next four generations."

Conclusion:
  We are the manager of God's things. The time for settlement(Jesus’ second coming) will come soon. Let's be diligent in God's works, especially in the saving and caring of the soul. Let us be faithful to the Lord's little things. He will commend us for "well done, a good and faithful servant." Until you die, you will be faithful to the end and receive the crown of life. Amen.

Pray: God, thank you for saving the unqualified and making us your workers (managers). As a called child, let me be praised for obeying the Will of the Lord and doing well for the rest of our life. Amen.

Comments