EM 말씀

Fruit of Agape Love 2 / 1 Cor. 13:1-13

관리자 0 1,855 2020.10.04 04:20
Fruit of Love 2 / 1 Cor. 13:1-13

1-13
1.If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2.If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3.If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4.Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5.It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7.It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8.Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
9.For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10.but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11.When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12.Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13.And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

*Anne Sullivan's Helen Keller Education, 'What Is Love?'

1. Love is absolutely necessary (1-3)
 The gifts of the Holy Spirit, donation, and martyrdom are nothing without agape love (Unconditional sacrificial devotion, love of God and Jesus) (1-3).

2. Agape love is the character of Jesus (4-7).

Agape love has 15 properties for us. It is only to Jesus. Eight are negative (not), and seven are positive in verses 4-7.)
  8 Negatives= do not= 1) not envy, 2) not boasting, 3) not arrogant, 4) do not act rudely, 5) do not seek for self-good, 6) not angry, 7) not to think of evil, 8) not rejoice in injustice. 
7 Positives = do = 1) long patient (*The story of a sister who believed in promise and waited for a young adult. “I was able to endure the difficulties of loving you, believing in your promise to come back and marry.” 
 *Jacob who spent seven years like a few days with Rachel in love, Gn. 29:20),
 2) meek (kind), 3) rejoicing with truth, 4)-7), It always protects(‘The roof’ protects us against the cold and heat), always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (7).

Let's read your name instead of love. It's not right.
Let's read Jesus' name. It’s right. Only the power of the Holy Spirit brings Jesus' character(Fruit of the Holy Spirit) to us. Jesus is patient, He is kind. Jesus does not envy, He does not boast, Jesus is not proud. He is not rude, Jesus is not self-seeking, He is not easily angered, Jesus keeps no record of wrongs. He does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
Jesus always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Amen!

*Luke 15, the father‘s heart of the prodigal son, vs. 20-24
  20.  So he got up and went to his father. "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.
  21.  "The son said to him, `Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'
  22.  "But the father said to his servants, `Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.
  23.  Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate.
  24.  For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.

Jn.13:1, Jesus loves His disciples to the end (Agape).  It was just before the Passover Feast. Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he now showed them the full extent of his love.

3. Love is eternal and whole (8-13)
 Love is eternal and perfect.
 "I am so blessed because of Jesus." "I am so happy because of you."
May we, who have received the eternal love of Agape, live with the Holy Spirit to bear the fruit of agape love. Amen.

Comments