EM 말씀

Deuteronomy 8:1-10, Learn from the wilderness life

관리자 0 2,226 2020.04.26 08:33
Deuteronomy 8:1-10, Learn from the wilderness life
                                      Sermon Summary, Rev. Kyuseop Shim
1-10
1. Be careful to follow every command I am giving you today, so that you may live and increase and may enter and possess the land that the LORD promised on oath to your forefathers.
2. Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands.
3. He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.
4. Your clothes did not wear out and your feet did not swell during these forty years.
5. Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the LORD your God disciplines you.
6. Observe the commands of the LORD your God, walking in his ways and revering him.
7. For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land -- a land with streams and pools of water, with springs flowing in the valleys and hills;
8. a land with wheat and barley, vines and fig trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey;
9. a land where bread will not be scarce and you will lack nothing; a land where the rocks are iron and you can dig copper out of the hills.
10. When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the LORD your God for the good land he has given you.

Have you been in the wilderness? Dt. 8:15, Jer. 17:6,
 Wilderness is very dry and no water, no food, and no shade. God trained his people to live in the wilderness for forty years.
 The world is also like the wilderness. Let’s learn the lessons of wilderness life through the text. 
 The wilderness is a spiritual training school. This world is a huge school for learning God (John Calvin).  R. Pullgam, <All I really need to know learned in kindergarten>.

1. Learn humility (2,3). 
 *Testimony of a pastor, "Don't think of you as good (Always humble)"
 *My military life testimony. 
 *Moses' wilderness life – He became a humble man through the training of humility. Numbers 12:3, Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.
Mt. 11:29. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
 *Jonah's Training/Fish Theological Seminary.
 Verse 16,
 We are now undergoing humble training due to Corona 19.

1 Corinthians 10:13, “No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.”
 “Only my me is the grace and help of God, both when it is good, when circumstances are bad. Let me live this heart unchanged and humble until I die. Amen.

2. Rely on God (3,4)
 Manna (man hu, What is it?) is a food that has neither eaten, seen nor heard (3,4). We meet a new 'manna' in life. Affliction is a pain we need. Hymns 301 (The Grace of God That Have Been So Far),
Verses 3,4.

3. Enjoy God's Abundance (7-9)
  Israel now enters the land of Canaan after 40 years of wilderness training.
 Verse 7-9, the land is a land of good milk and honey, water and grain, rich fruits and metals. Psalm 23:1, “The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.”
Where is spiritual Canaan? It is Jesus Christ. He is our inheritance and abundance. There is forgiveness, healing, guidance, and blessings in Jesus. Let us all enjoy them and live. Jesus is the provider of all of us,
Philippian 4:19 
  Saints, we are a new people in Jesus Christ. God makes us humble through training in a wilderness world. Let us rely only on God and Jesus Christ. Let us all enjoy God's abundance in Jesus and preach people the gospel, Jesus.
 Prayer) God, like the Israelites, we are passing through the wilderness. Let us humble, rely only on the Lord, and enjoy the richness of the Lord in Jesus Christ. May us stand firm in faith and live obediently, remembering the wilderness training and the Lord's care at every hardship and hard work in life.  Amen.

Comments