EM 말씀

Joshua14:6-15/ Look at God, who is larger than this hill Hebron

관리자 0 2,137 2020.03.30 21:34
Joshua14:6-15/ Look at God, who is larger than this hill Hebron

6-15
6.Now the men of Judah approached Joshua at Gilgal, and Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite said to him, "You know what the LORD said to Moses the man of God at Kadesh Barnea about you and me.
7.I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadesh Barnea to explore the land. And I brought him back a report according to my convictions,
8.but my brothers who went up with me made the hearts of the people melt with fear. I, however, followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly.
9.So on that day Moses swore to me, `The land on which your feet have walked will be your inheritance and that of your children forever, because you have followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly.'
10."Now then, just as the LORD promised, he has kept me alive for forty-five years since the time he said this to Moses, while Israel moved about in the desert. So here I am today, eighty-five years old!
11.I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then.
12.Now give me this hill country that the LORD promised me that day. You yourself heard then that the Anakites were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, the LORD helping me, I will drive them out just as he said."
13.Then Joshua blessed Caleb son of Jephunneh and gave him Hebron as his inheritance.
14.So Hebron has belonged to Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite ever since, because he followed the LORD, the God of Israel, wholeheartedly.
15.(Hebron used to be called Kiriath Arba after Arba, who was the greatest man among the Anakites.) Then the land had rest from war.

Because of Corona 19, the United States is conducting "Stay Home" and "Putting Social Distance." We spend a lot of time at home and is frustrated because we can't see our neighbors. What is the saint's greatest wish at this time? We practice to have intimate relation with God and live with Jesus. As I read Josh.14, I became deeply meditating on Caleb’s life. In vs.8, 9, and 14, the words “followed God wholeheartedly” are repeated three times. V.8, "I fully followed My God(faithful, His confession). V.9, "You fully followed Jehovah my God(faithful)" (Moses' recognition of Caleb). V.14, "He fully followed Jehovah the God of Israel"(God/Joshua/People's Recognition). What are the messages you get from this?

1. Always live as a 40-year-old, faith wins the age. Vs. 7-10.

Caleb always lived as a 40 yearman. Forty fiveyears later, at the age of 85, his health, spirit, and mind are 40 years old. Don't let your faith discolor. Don't give up on dreams for the future.

2. Conquer a large and solid hill. Faith also wins steep hill(see photo PPT). Vs. 9,  12, 15.  The Hebron Hill is a large, rugged castle at 930 meters, inhabited by the giant Anakites. He believed that the God promised was the God of greater power. So no one tried to take over. But Caleb says he's going to conquer the region by asking him to do it. 

3. Live with the gaze of faith. Faith wins the problem of negative mind and language. V.7.   
    He reported with integrity and a focus on God without looking at the environment or his enemies. He lived with loyalty to Jehovah his God.
  Do not focus on the current circumstances or problems. God is a size larger than Hebron hill or any other environments. Discard negative minds and negative words. Always look to God/Jesus and treat them with positive words & positive heart. 2 Ch.16:9, “For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war."

We are all having a difficult time. But it is very rewarding to take advantage of this opportunity to draw closer to God and live a life attached to Jesus. Like Caleb, I bless you with a blessed life that is fully attached to the Lord, a life that is fully (wholeheartedly) followed by the Lord and is recognized by God as a life of loyalty. Amen.

Comments