EM 말씀

Jn. 5:1-9, Do you want to get well? Get up and walk!

관리자 0 2,384 2020.01.20 09:47
Jn. 5:1-9, Do you want to get well? Get up and walk!

5:1-9,
1.  Some time later, Jesus went up to Jerusalem for a feast of the Jews.
2Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called Bethesda and which is surrounded by five covered colonnades.
3Here a great number of disabled people used to lie -- the blind, the lame, the paralyzed. {waiting for the moving of the waters;
4.  for an angel of the Lord went down at certain seasons into the pool, and stirred up the water; whoever then first, after the stirring up of the water, stepped in was made well from whatever disease with which he was afflicted.}
5.  One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years.
6When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, "Do you want to get well?"
7 "Sir," the invalid replied, "I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me."
8Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk."
9At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.

Jerusalem Bethesda (House of Grace/Mercy) Pool (Cf . PPT and movie of Bethesda), there are numerous patients.
Today is what the world looks like. There was a 38 year old sick man. He is a man who lives in despair and complaint.
He was waiting for his death. But Jesus visited him, knew him, and healed him. Let us experience this through Jesus today.

1. The Lord sees our circumstances and problems and knows them (v. 6).
 "Jesus ... saw... knew,” Are you in despair today?
 Believe that one person Jesus sees and knows is you.

2. Jesus asks, "Do you want to get well?" (6). 
He complains (7). "There's no one to help me."
Let’s confess, not insisting on my own way, but wanting to be healed.

3. Jesus commands him to “Get up and walk with your mat" (v. 8).
"Jesus said, “Get up and walk with your mat."
V.9, “At once the man was cured, picked up his mat and walked." A miracle happened.

What is your despair? Money, sickness, incompetence, weakness!
Rise up in a place of despair! Obey the Lord's Word of Life/Hope. Let's live as a miraculous protagonist.

*1) A man who suffered from depression for decades was healed with studying the Bible.
 2) Elder Kim Sung-il’s experience of Lord at Bethesda,
The Lord of Hope came. Look to the Lord of Hope, No despair, no complain, eager for healing.

Get up and walk with your mat. Bless you to live as the protagonist of this miracle. Amen.

Comments