EM 말씀

Luke 17: 11-19, 10% gratitude

관리자 0 2,406 2019.11.25 12:33
Luke 17: 11-19, 10% gratitude

17:11-19
11. Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee.
12. As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance
13. and called out in a loud voice, "Jesus, Master, have pity on us!"
14. When he saw them, he said, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And as they went, they were cleansed.
15. One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice.
16. He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him -- and he was a Samaritan.
17. Jesus asked, "Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine?
18. Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?"
19. Then he said to him, "Rise and go; your faith has made you well."

Today is Thanksgiving Sunday. Thank God for guiding us over the years.
   * Thanks of Helen Keller, <"Three Days to See">
 1 Thessalonians 5:18, God's will - Give thanks in all circumstances. Is your life overflowing with gratitude?  Let us listen to the words of Jesus through the thanksgiving of a leper, a Samaritan.

1. A desperate patient, crying out for mercy (11-13)
  Ten lepers who were terminally ill at the time, A Samaritan (deportation, alienation, clairvoyance). They stood far, cried out pity for them.

2. Jesus healed them(14,15).
 Go and show your body to the priests. Seeing something better.

3. The difference between 90% and 10% (15-16)
90%/ They satisfied with their being healed : 10%/ Thanksgiving, worship service to Jesus (15,16)

4.Jesus' response: 90% /'Where are the nine?'(17-18,Lament): 10% / 'Rise and go! Your faith has saved you'(19,Blessing More, Physical healing +spiritual salvation)

Application:
  Are you satisfied with the grace you have received? Is it someone who responds with thanksgiving and worship? Let's confess by looking back on your life. Write down how you will live as a thankful, worshiping, and blessed person.  Ex) I will praise and pray with all my heart.
 I will also appreciate grace that I do not recognize.
 I will listen to sermons that I have heard.
 I will be excited by the Bible that I know well (Love your God).
 I will go where I just donated and serve with my body.
 I will express my gratitude to my family and neighbors (Love your neighbors)

∗Helen Keller, <"Three Days to See">

And I have imagined what I should most like to see if I were given the use of my eyes, say for just three days.
On the first day, I should want to see the people whose kindness and companionship have made my life worth living. I do not know what it is to see into the heart of a friend through that “window of the soul,” the eye. I can
only “see” through my fingertips the outline of a face. I can detect laughter, sorrow, and many other obvious emotions. I know my friends from the feel of their faces. For instance, can you describe accurately the faces of five different friends? As an experiment, I have questioned husbands about the colour of their wives’ eyes, and often they express embarrassed confusion and admit that they do not know. I should like to see the books which have been read to me, and which have revealed to me the deepest channels of human life. In the afternoon I should take a long walk in the woods and intoxicate my eyes on the beauties of the world of Nature. And I should pray for the glory of a colourful sunset. That night, I should not be able to sleep.

On my second day, I should like to see the pageant of man’s progress, and I should go to the museums. I should try to probe into the soul of man through his art. The things I knew through touch I should now see. The evening of my second day I should spend at a theatre or at the movies.
The following morning, I should again greet the dawn, anxious to discover new delights, new revelations of beauty. Today this third day, I shall spend in the workaday world, amid the haunts of men going about the business of life. At midnight permanent night would close on me again. Only when darkness had again descended upon me should I realize how much I had left unseen.
Amen!

Comments