EM 말씀

Psalm 122: 1-9 Let us go up to the house of the Lord

관리자 0 2,471 2019.10.07 12:17
Psalm 122: 1-9 Let us go up to the house of the Lord

1-9,

1. I rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD."
2.  Our feet are standing in your gates, O Jerusalem.
3.  Jerusalem is built like a city that is closely compacted together.
4.  That is where the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD, to praise the name of the LORD according to the statute given to Israel.
5.  There the thrones for judgment stand, the thrones of the house of David.
6.  Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: "May those who love you be secure.
7.  May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels."
8.  For the sake of my brothers and friends, I will say, "Peace be within you."
9.  For the sake of the house of the LORD our God, I will seek your prosperity.

We can come before God through the church (Jesus Christ the head of it) and receive that grace. The church is indeed precious.
 * 10 characteristics of a good church(the church of the 1st century):
  1) learning 2) prayer 3) fear of God 4) target 5) sharing 6) Worship
  7) Fellowship 8) Joy 9) Gratitude 10) Praise.

* Testimonial at Baseball Stadium -“It would be like our church!”
 Let us look at three aspects of the blessed church (Jerusalem). I pray our church will be like them.

1. There is springing joy in the church (1-3)

Verse 1, "I rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD."  I was glad." Are you filled with joy the moment you enter the church? If not, why? What is the key to restoring this joy? Jesus needs to fill our heart. The joy of meeting Jesus as your lover! (2,3, Calling Jerusalem 2 times as your lover's name calls)

2. There is overflowing gratitude in the church (4)

Verse 4, "That is where the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD, to praise the name of the LORD according to the statute given to Israel."
  The church is a place of thanksgiving to God. Do you appreciate the blood of Jesus and the grace of God? Regain gratitude. Leviticus 19: 5-8 (thank you for the peace offering the same day and the next)

3. There is peace (shalom) in the church (6, 7, 8) * three times (shalom, shalom, shalom!) mean perfect Shalom!
  Jesus gives us true peace(Jn14:27). Materials, knowledge, powers, experiences, and health give temporary external comfort. But complete peace is given to the heart in the Holy Spirit (Romans 14:17). Do not break the peace of the Lord(Eliminate our idols, what we care about all day!).

Conclusion/
  There is something in the proud church of the Lord. There is eternal inner peace, springing joy, and overflowing gratitude for God given by Jesus who shed His blood for me. Let me and our church experience these gifts. Live with preaching the gospel, joy, thanksgiving, and peace in Jesus. Amen!

Comments