EM 말씀

Rev. 7:1-8, Harvesting servant of the Words

관리자 0 1,148 2022.01.09 10:35
Rev 7:1-8, The Lord’s harvesting servants of the word

Last two Sundays, we heard the words about the disasters of the six seals. From the first seal through the fourth seal, there were horse riders, anti-Christ, they caused war, famine, death, and plague. When the Lamb opened the fifth seal, the martyrs cried out and pleaded for justice. The sixth seal caused the great chaos in the universe and those on earth trembled and hid from the wrath of the Lamb. Rev 6:17 asks, “For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?” Unbelievers cannot stand before Him who sits on the throne and withstand His judgment. They tremble in fear. Chapter 7 provides a response to this question. There is One who can stand before Him who sits on the throne.
  In Rev 7:1, John saw a vision of four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.
  Verse 3 says, “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” Before the judgment comes, God wants to save one more person. 2 Peter 3:9 says, “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” * In the days of Noah, God waited 120 years before He sent the floodwaters as a judgment. Exodus 12:23, 27 also show that the death of the firstborn did not begin until the Israelites put the blood of the Passover lamb on the top and sides of the doorframe.   

We, saints should show our gratitude for God’s salvation and His grace and serve Him by saving the lost souls with diligence. What does it mean to put a seal on the foreheads? It means God’s possession, God’s protection. 1 Cor 6:20 says, “you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.” Ezekiel 9:4,6 say, “Go throughout the city of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of those who grieve and lament over all the detestable things that are done in it…Slaughter the old men, the young men and women, the mothers and children, but do not touch anyone who has the mark. Begin at my sanctuary. So they began with the old men who were in front of the temple.”
  God put a seal on His servants, saints, in three ways. 1) We belong to God our Father. We are chosen by God. Ephesians 1:4 writes, “For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.” 2) We receive a seal of redemption by the blood of Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:7 writes, “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.” 3) We also receive a seal of protection by the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 1:13 writes, “And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit.” Ephesians 4:30 writes, “And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.” Hallelujah!
  Who are those mentioned in this text? Verse 4 says, “Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.” Watch out for heresy that deceives believers while emphasizing this number. 144,000 is 12x12 x1000. 12x12 indicates Israel’s 12 tribes in the Old Testament, 12 apostles in the New Testament, they are Jews and Gentiles, all God’s saints in the Old and New Testament. 1000=10x10x10, it’s fulfilled number, too numerous to count. Revelation 7:9 says, “After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.” Hebrews 12:2 write, “fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Live as God’s servants until the last day and continue to spread the Gospel for the Lord.

Verses 5-8 show that there are 12,000 sealed from each tribe in twelve tribes. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” Whoever believes in Him, God will provide them salvation and protect them until the end. John 6:39 writes, “And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.” John 17:12 says, “While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.” Verses 5-8 highlight twelve tribes. Verse 5 mentions the tribe of Judah before mentioning the tribe of Reuben, the firstborn son. Jesus the Messiah comes from the tribe of Judah, it is the tribe of spiritual firstborn. The tribe of Dan and the tribe of Ephraim are not mentioned. The tribe of Dan worshipped idols and anti-Christ originates from this tribe (Judges 18:30, Genesis 49:17). The tribe of Ephraim enticed the northern Israel into a nation of idol worship. Deuteronomy 10:9 shows that the Lord is the Levites’ inheritance, so they also belong to the Lord. The Lord chooses His servants even today to share the good news and conquer Satan and his adherents. Let’s go back to the first question mentioned in Rev 6:17, “For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?” They are the Lord’s servants whom He put a seal on their foreheads. They are equipped with God’s Word and His armor and harvest the souls for Christ.
  Let us come together in prayer, tell the world that only Jesus gives eternal life, and live as His servants, His mighty army. I pray that we will be like the stars in the sky and lead many precious souls to the Lord. Amen.

Comments