EM 말씀

John 4:3-14; Psalm 27:4 Worship is an encounter with God.

관리자 0 1,382 2021.06.06 11:18
John 4:3-14; Psalm 27:4 Worship is an encounter with God.

There are different attitudes towards worship, different kind of worshipper.
1) Critic 2) Reviser, Proofreader 3) Music Sentimentalist 4) Cameraman 5) Bible Reader 6) Sleeper 7) Amen-sayer
8) Worshiper in the Spirit and in Truth, How do we worship? What kind of worshipper are we?

When we succeed in worship, we will succeed in everything because worship is meeting with God, an amazing encounter with Him. We will live a blessed life when we worship God who is our Creator. Dr. Tozer said, “devil cannot touch those who start their day with worship, because they have power from God. Worship downloads power and authority from heaven. So how do we restore worship?

Worship is an encounter with God, meeting with Him. When we worship, we meet God, who created heaven and earth, and He speaks to us. He hears and answers our prayers. He loves us and forgives our sins.

So who leads that meeting? It is not man, but God who leads the meeting. In Genesis 3, God came looking for Adam, a sinner. God shed blood of an animal, made garments of skin for Adam and Eve and clothed them. In the same way, Jesus covers our sins through His blood shed on the cross. Call of worship is God’s call for us. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

We should not be spectators in worship. We give worship to God. * An old man from a country town visited Seoul city and said, “I went sightseeing today, I visited many famous attractions, theaters, etc.” John 4:23-24 say, “Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” We are not to sit back and watch worship service. We are not spectators. We give our worship to God and offer our hearts to Him. God seeks worshippers who worship in the Spirit and in Truth.

In John 4:3, 9, Jesus met with a Samaritan woman. He came to Samaria and talked with her. It was Jesus who came to her first. After meeting Jesus, she received the living water and went back to the town and told everyone about Jesus.

Hebrews 10:19-20 write, “Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body,” We should worship God and develop a personal relationship with Him. It should not be just one person that represents his or her family worshipping Him. In Acts 16:31, Paul and Silas said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” Our entire household should come before God and worship Him. * A woman’s testimony, she was the only believer in her family like a representative of faith, but this is like entering the gate of heaven by herself.

When we prioritize worship in our lives, we will live a blessed life. It pleases God and gives glory to Him when we put Him and His Word in the center of our lives. Psalm 1:2 says, blessed are those “whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.”

Worship was as important as his own life to King David. King David worshipped God with all his heart, soul, strength, and mind. Psalm 27:4 writes, “One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.” The one thing he asked from the LORD was to worship God all his life. Psalm 84:10 says, “Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.” Psalmist knew that dwelling in the house of God was the greatest blessing in life. Believing in Jesus is simple. We just need to come to church and worship Him with all our hearts.

Former President Jimmy Carter always worshipped on Sundays and taught Sunday school faithfully. Worship was the top priority for him. When our worship becomes alive, our souls will be alive. When we worship, our families will live and churches will live. When we worship God, He gives us new hope. He gives us strength. He gives us life. We will live as successful people. The Israelites kept the Sabbath holy. And it was the Sabbath that helped the Israelites live as God’s people.

Worship is meeting with God, an encounter with our Creator. God comes to us first. He calls us and He meets with us. Have you met the LORD in a new way, God who came looking for you? Worship God. Seek Him. Come to the House of God with joyful heart. I pray that we will encounter God and experience His Word with burning hearts and renewed minds and live as blessed people of God.

Comments