EM 말씀

3 Jn 1:1-8, New Year's Love

관리자 0 1,612 2021.01.17 16:16
3 Jn 1:1-8, New Year's Love

1-8,
1.The elder, To my dear friend Gaius, whom I love in the truth.
2.Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.
3.It gave me great joy to have some brothers come and tell about your faithfulness to the truth and how you continue to walk in the truth.
4.I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
5.Dear friend, you are faithful in what you are doing for the brothers, even though they are strangers to you.
6.They have told the church about your love. You will do well to send them on their way in a manner worthy of God.
7.It was for the sake of the Name that they went out, receiving no help from the pagans.
8.We ought therefore to show hospitality to such men so that we may work together for the truth.

What kind of love do you live in the new year? John is much loved by Jesus. John the beloved loves Gaius, the saint, and blesses him for his good soul,  'good work, and good health(2). Gaius loves the evangelists who preach Jesus. New Year may God bless us to live as blessed saints who 'love one another'.

1. John was much loved by God and Jesus (1 John 4:9,10).

John means 'beloved'. God loved him and sent His Only Son Jesus to him (9). Jesus chose John as an apostle to teach, train, care for with love, and died for him (10). John lived well-souled, good-lived and strong (age 98).

2. John loves Gaius with the love he has received (1,2,5,11). 

Thanks to the love of Jesus, he was transformed from a man of fire to an apostle of love. Four times, he introduce Gaius as a "loving one". He prayed that Gaius may enjoy good health and that all may go well with him, even as his soul is getting along wel(2)l. He rejoices and boast of Gaius, who lives in truth (Jesus) (4). Living in this love of Jesus is 'a good soul' (2). This 'goodness of the soul, the health of the soul' is the supreme happiness of life.
*The story of the yacht flipped over

3. The Beloved Gaius in Jesus (5-8)

Gaius loves the evangelists who preach Him in the truth, Jesus. He entertains with love and supplies their needs (5,6,8). The church applauds and boasts of Gaius by the evangelists. It is a virtuous ring of love with one another (John 13:34,35, 1 Jn. 4:7-12).

We, too, are much loved by Jesus. Let's love our brothers and neighbors with that love. We bless your soul is getting along well, all may go well and be good in the new year. Amen.

Comments