EM 말씀

2 Cor. 1:8-9, 12:7-10, God works even in hardship(Covid 19)

관리자 0 2,119 2020.05.25 12:48
2 Cor. 1:8-9, 12:7-10, God works even in hardship(Covid 19)

2 Cor. 1:8-9,
  8.We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. 9.Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead.
2 Cor 12:7-10,
  7.To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8.Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9.But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10.That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Covid19, at a time when the virus of fear is changing, what is God doing? What should we do during our afflictions? (Corona 19 and Christ, J.Piper)

1. Know the Discipline of God’s Love (Hebrews 12:6)

The sin of despised God brought misery to the world. Job's misery is not due to sin (Job1:8). There is a particular judgment on sin in the Acts 12 (the death of King Herod). We got eternal life by believing in Jesus Christ(Jn. 5:24, I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life). The Lord still gives the discipline of love to his children, the saints (Hebrews 12:6, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son).

2. Live in the center of Jesus Christ, the supreme treasure.

Corona 19 is God's call for us to return to the Lord, who is our treasure, and live for Christ. There is nothing more precious in the world than Jesus (Hymn #94). Jesus is our Savior, Joy, Supreme Value, and Life. He asks us to rely only on the Lord (2 Cor. 1:8-9). The Lord's grace is sufficient in the midst of hardship (2 Cor. 12:7-10). Phil. 1:20 (Live for the Lord's honor). *Martha's testimony, "When God allows thorns, he always give more grace." Phil. 3:8(What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ), Psalm 63:3, 16:11(Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you). The Lord is our joy. Cherish the infinite value of Christ.

3. Through Corona 19, God lets us preach the gospel (Jesus Christ).

Travel, moving, and missionary activities were interrupted by Corona 19. Looking far away, God will again allow the mission to expand. God allowed the gospel to expand in the persecution of Jerusalem (Acts 8:1-5). Fulfill the great command of Acts 1:8(But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth"), Isaiah 55:8,9, 

God's mission is certainly fulfilled. Jesus said so, and the words were done. Matthew 16:18, 24:14. The gospel will be preached.
God makes great progress through retreat. Acts 28:30,31, 30.For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. 31.Boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ.
The two years of the Apostle Paul's imprisonment in the Roman prison, the gospel was expanded astonishingly. He boldly preached the Lord Jesus Christ and the kingdom of God. Hallelujah!  The blood of Christ was not in vain. Revelation 5:9, the gospel continues to be preached. Rom. 8:28, And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

What does God do during Corona 19? What should we do?

1. God disciplines His love through the corona virus. We know that the discipline of love and let us believe in Jesus. Jesus Christ is my God, Savior!

2. God calls our lives to be centered on Jesus. Let's abandon our idols and live for Jesus.

3. Look far from Corona 19 to expand the gospel of Jesus. Let's preach the bloodied gospel of Jesus. Amen.

Comments